Cook - Full-Time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Millsboro, DE 19966
Cadia Rehabilitation-Renaissance, located in Millsboro Delaware, Sussex County, MINUTES from area LEWES AND REHOBOTH BEACH DE.:
Full time Employees are eligible for:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation after 90 days:
Generous 401K Benefit!:
Part Time Cook to prepare meals for the residents of our skilled nursing facility. Must be able to work every other weekend .
The cook is responsible for preparing and/or directing the preparation of food to be served, complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. The cook is responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste and fraud.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Sets steam table; serves or ensures proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely, marking the date and item.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to supervisor.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Apportions food for serving
- Maintain daily production records
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation
- Completes food temperature checks before service
- Be flexible
- Assigns duties as needed
- Supervisor Dietary aide and utility clerk in absence of the Food Service Director
- Assist the FSD at all times on special events
- Follow Federal and State long term care regulations and Dietary Department policies and procedures.
- Perform work routines, using various dietary utensils, supplies and equipment as assigned by the Food Service Director.
- Follow safety regulations and precautions at all times
- Report all hazardous conditions/equipment to supervisor immediately
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal Precautions policies and procedures when performing daily tasks.
- Attend in-service training and education as assigned.
- Perform other department duties or special assignments as directed by FSD
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Be flexible at schedule needs
- Help the FSM at all times on special events
- High School diploma or equivalent
- On the job training provided