Registered Nurse- Cardiac Rehab
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
1. Develops program protocol as directed.
2. Monitors patient’s response to exercise and informs the cardiologist of any abnormal response.
3. Follows cardiologist’s plan of treatment and notifies the cardiologist via telephone or mail, about any problems.
4. Acts as a liaison to the medical director of the Cardiac Rehab program.
5. Provides education material and instruction.
6. Monitors patient technique on equipment while watching patient’s response to exercise.
7. Initiates treatment only after the case has been reviewed and preliminary tests are completed by the cardiologist.
8. Complies with department protocol for patient care.
9. Documents in patients’ records pertinent information for consistency of patient care.
10. Documents treatment legibly, in layman’s terms, with proper use of abbreviations and obtains co-signature when necessary
12. Prepares charge slips for the day and organizes charge slips for entering them into billing system
13. Prepares reports for physicians and maintains medical records (i.e. prescriptions, progress notes, D/C).
17. Appropriately schedules patients’ appointments based on needs and volumes.
18. Assists other hospital departments to ensure quality of patient care.
19. Maintains inventory of treatment and equipment as needed.
20. Reports significant findings regarding the patient’s status to physician.
1. Develops exercise program and evaluate patients response
2. Assists with daily assignments of the Cardiac Rehab unit
3. Assess patients as to their ability to undergo exercise program
4. Accept additional assignments and tasks
5. Supports Mission and Values of Saint Francis Hospital
Minimum Qualifications (Education/Experience/Licensure/Certification/Skills):
- Graduate from an NLN accredited School of Nursing
- Current Licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of Delaware or valid temporary permit.
- Responsible for obtaining needed CEU credits for re-licensure.
- cardiac rehab experience preferred
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Number: 00147083
Location: Wilmington, DE
Organization Name: Saint Francis Healthcare
Facility: SFDE – St. Francis Healthcare Service
Employment Type: Part time