Lead Operations Associate
Wilmington, DE 19808
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to be an operational resource for the store management team,
performing detailed merchandising projects while partnering with the sales team to ensure the
best possible customer experience.
- Inventory and Cycle Counting of Inventory
- Shipping and receiving of gear and other items
- Stocking and warehouse organization and GC.com in-store pick up
- Hold internal keys to cases, cages and displays
- Merchandising including planograms and advance display building and maintenance
- Printing and placing of signage and price signs (POP)
- Cash Handling
- Shrink awareness and prevention , Expense control, Loss Prevention, and store standards
- Guidance and a resource to other associates within the store and Training of Operations Associates
- May be called upon to hold “The Mic” and lead the sales floor
- Additional duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- 2 year of relevant work experience working in retail or in warehouse setting
- Skilled understanding of Guitar Center retail systems and processes
- Novice proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Coaching: Able to provide effective coaching and guidance to others. Able to lead by example and serve as a positive role model for productivity and behaviors.
Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group,
working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player,
able to build good working relationships with others.
Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers. Able to step in to handle customer service issues.
Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so. Able to develop knowledge and skills including product, store operations, sales and leadership.
Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve goals.
Able to adhere to a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to complete tasks thoroughly in a timely manner.
Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL AND PHYSICAL FUNCTIONS
At the specialist level, the incumbent’s skills are applied to providing strategic orientation for the purposes of complex projects and analyses. These projects stand out due to their exceptional or
novel nature and the major impact they have on the organization. Specialists are able to go beyond their fields of expertise to make connections with other fields.
Standing required 30% of the time. Walking required 25% of the time. Lifting required 20% of the time. Bending/Squatting and climbing required 10% of the time, respectively. Sitting required 5% of the time. The person in this role must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to work in a loud environment for 5-8 hours.
- Must be able to work weekends, holiday, and evenings.
Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.