Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19808
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The purpose of this job is to ship & receive stock/shipments, administer daily tasks, and ensure
product is merchandised for the customer to have a great experience in our stores.
- Tasks related to inventory control
- Shipping and receiving of gear and other items
- Cycle Counting of Inventory (preparation and execution)
- Stocking and merchandising to a planogram
- Printing and placing of signage and price signs (POP)
- Cash Handling
- Shrink awareness and control
- Additional duties as assigned
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & SPECIAL ATTRIBUTES
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Entry level; zero years of relevant work experience required
- Basic understanding of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Collaboration: Able to develop cooperation and teamwork while participating in a group, working toward solutions which generally benefit all involved parties. Good team player, able to build good working relationships with others. Able to follow direction to accomplish objectives.
- Customer Focus: Understands customer service principles, and able to provide an excellent customer experience. Able to connect with customers in a meaningful way. Is approachable, genuine, knowledgeable, encouraging, passionate, and committed to helping customers.
- Initiative: Able to identify opportunities & issues and follow through on work activities to capitalize or resolve them. Able to learn quickly and take positive action without being requested to do so.
- Interpersonal Communication: Able to communicate through various means (written and verbal) with diverse, individuals, including internal and external stakeholders at all levels in a clear, concise, positive, and courteous manner. Able to demonstrate respect to others, surroundings, and self.
- Organizational Skills: Able to utilize time, energy, and resources to stay on track and achieve goals. Able to adhere to a systematic course of action to achieve an objective. Able to multitask and pay strong attention to detail in a fast-paced & high-urgency environment. Able to handle a variety of tasks related to cash handling and inventory.
- Selling: Able to work through GC certification program to gain a base understanding of products and sales techniques.
- Technology Skills: Able to navigate and learn new technology and retail systems, equipment, and computer programs needed to fulfill communication, customer service, and business needs & expectations.
- Physical Functions: Standing required 30% of the time. Walking required 25% of the time. Lifting required 20% of the time. Climbing required 15% of the time. Bending/Squatting required 15% of the time. The person in this role must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Language Skills: Must be able to speak, read, write, and comprehend English.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.