Vascular Interventional Technologists
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19808
This is a part-time position – 24 hrs/week. Day/Evening shift – on call approximately one night a week and every 4th weekend.
To assist the physicians during vascular interventional radiology procedures and process and store images created during procedure
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Positions technical support for vascular interventional radiology procedures to include: arteriograms, embolizations, drain insertions, and other related procedures.
- Responsible for technical support for vascular interventional radiology procedures
- Ensures proper safety standards are met for compliance with departmental policies, radiation safety standards, and joint commission regulations.
- Operates required imaging equipment using established guidelines and imaging protocols.
- Instructs students and residents and performs preceptor duties when necessary.
- Performs quality assurance checks on equipment.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of hospital information systems
- Assists in maintaining supply inventory
- Assists in departmental Performance Improvement assessments and initiatives
- Serves as a technical resource to the full procedural team in support of the physician
- Communicates appropriately with good interpersonal skills
- Acts as a team member during procedures to assure a safe and efficient patient care on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates compliance with Christiana Care and departmental policies and procedures
- Completed mandatory education as required
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices.
- Reports to management, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, and hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients, and visitors.
- Acts as a patient advocate during the procedure
- Performs duties of a scrub assistant during a procedure, including; controlling and manipulating guide wires and balloon catheters, and maintaining a sterile field.
- Performs other related duties as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of approved school of radiologic technology
- Interventional radiology procedural lab experience preferred
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.