Paving Milling Equipment Operator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19901
Job LocationsUS-DE-Dover | US-MD-Delmar | US-MD-Salisbury
Paving Milling Equipment Operator
.# of Openings
Heavy Equipment Operator
This non-exempt position operates one or more types of heavy construction equipment such as: backhoes, pavers, dozers, scrapers, pans and graders to perform various tasks (e.g. paving, excavating, laying pipe, moving and grading dirt, etc.). Responsible for safe operation of machines, maintenance, and upkeep of equipment.
- Discusses plans for the day’s work with field manager, reviews blueprints if necessary and determines best method of getting assigned work done safely, accurately, and on time.
- Adjusts hand levers and depresses pedals to operate equipment and control attachments such as, blades, buckets, scrapers, and swing booms.
- Performs equipment maintenance duties such as cleaning, greasing and oiling machines.
- Utilizes actual years of experience in operating equipment in developing a feel for various levers and attachments and in developing skills such as fine grading and cutting slopes.
- Operates equipment with priority of making the job safe for all persons working around the equipment. Ensures that other workers stay clear of machine while working in tight places and ensures that there is teamwork between self and other operators working at the project site.
- Make judgments regarding the most efficient operations of equipment and attachments.
- Compliance with Allan Myers Polices including but not limited to.
- Equipment repair / maintenance procedures and Operator Safety Standards
- Safety, Safety, Safety!
- “Home Safe Tonight” and related policies
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Experience & Education/Certification:
- Minimum of 2 years of equipment operating experience required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED) a plus.
- Related work experience required.
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Must possess very good hand, foot and eye coordination to safely operate their equipment.
- Must be able to operate for extended periods of time and to get into awkward positions when cleaning and providing maintenance to the equipment.
- Requires extensive and heavy physical activity and dexterity.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Must possess excellent communication (written/verbal) and time management skills.
- Requires specific types of vision: close, color, peripheral.
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic with seven regional offices and 15 asphalt and aggregate plants. With a workforce of more than 2,000 hard working men and women, and our own extensive fleet of vehicles and equipment, there is no job that we can not tackle. The markets we serve include: design-build, site development, transportation, water and asphalt and aggregate production. With more than 75 years of history under our belt, we are constantly growing and pushing ourselves to take on new challenges that are bigger and bolder. We are a team of hard-working men and women as strong as the structures we build. With Myers on your helmet, you’ll be part of an elite team, bonded by their determination, committed to building the face of tomorrow, today.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce (Minority/Female/ Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer, commteed to a diverse workforce (Minority/Female/Protected Verterans/ Disabled)