Accounting Manager, Retail Bank Accounting
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Job ID: R74407
West Creek 3 (12073), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Accounting Manager, Retail Bank Accounting
Are you a forward thinking analytical genius who thrives on being a key contributor in a high energy financial services organization? Do you want to work in a business-casual, collaborative environment where your contributions are recognized, successes are elevated and effort is rewarded? Our accountants are masters of accounting principles with a flawless understanding of the full end to end accounting process. You will be surrounded by intellectually curious accounting professionals every day, all with the end goal of creating a seamless, well managed client experience. As the demand for skilled accountants is at an all-time high – Capital One can provide an environment where you can excel in your career while still maintaining a work life balance that others will desire.
We are seeking a highly motivated accountant to join the Retail Bank Accounting team as a Manager with a focus on Deposits Accounting and Reporting, as well as the analytics and participation in special projects. You will be a self-starter responsible for managing multiple priorities and meeting deadlines in a fast paced time sensitive environment. The Retail Bank is an ever changing line of business with new products and services, system migrations and countless opportunities for knowledge growth. This role will have the opportunity to engage with groups across the organization as part of the analytics research as well as risk research.
- Perform month-end closing and financial reporting processes timely and accurately
- Prepare/or present monthly, quarterly and other adhoc analytics for Accounting and Finance leadership
- Manage relationships with Finance and key business partners, associates throughout the controller’s group, tax, and external and internal auditors
- Identify and drive process efficiencies
- Prepare/or review minimal monthly reconciliations
- Post/or review minimal monthly journal entries
- Engage in and help lead specialized projects and initiatives related to the role
- Oversee and delegate responsibilities as needed to other team members
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Accounting, or at least 5 years of experience in Audit or at least 5 years of experience in Finance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- CPA certification
- 7+ years of experience in supervising a team of individuals in an accounting department or similar audit experience
- 7+ years of experience in Accounting
- 2+ years of Retail Banking experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.