Derivatives Back Office Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Job ID: R78231
800 Delaware Avenue (18056), United States of America, Wilmington, Delaware
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Derivatives Back Office Manager
Derivative Operations is a part of Capital One’s Commercial Bank Operations. This organization is responsible for ensuring efficient and accurate post-trade processing across a broad range of derivative products. The Derivative Operations team consists of two teams which are responsible for Trade Confirmations and Trade Settlement for various derivatives products. Partnership with the business, derivatives trading, and other operational teams to support the full derivative life cycle is a critical function of both teams. The role is Wilmington, DE based, however, you will interact with regional teams and a broad base of domestic counter-parties.
The ideal candidate has:
- Strong understanding of the Derivatives industry and life-cycle processing; includes knowledge of the ISDA Definitions for Rates/Foreign Exchange/Commodity Derivatives
- Proven record in initiating, implementing, and improving processes
- Proven record in leading initiatives with efforts to find efficiency and automation opportunities
- Ability to work independently, creatively, and efficiently in a dynamic environment
- Planning and organization skills: ability to establish work plans, prioritize, and multi-task
- Strong communicator and Client facing experience (verbal and written)
- Risk and Control understanding and focus.
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Good Excel skills
- Good interpersonal skills and solid team player
- Attention to detail
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Managing 7 direct reports
- Oversee daily monitoring of payments and receipts, invoicing clients, price entry, price reporting, and the daily reconciliation of customer account balances for derivatives covering a range of commodity business and products.
- Oversee daily monitoring of trade confirmation processes
- Work closely with internal partners and clients to provide beautiful client experiences Ensure compliance to key controls and regulatory changes
- Liaison with Middle Office, Compliance, Technology, and other internal stakeholders
- Maintain a solid understanding of the overall business and operational needs
- Work closely with management to ensure proper risk and controls measures are in place
- Develop an understanding of the business activity of the various business areas within Capital One
- Lead and or delegate high profile projects and ensure execution and delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 3 years of Derivatives Back Office experience
- At least 3 years of people management experience
- At least 1 year of Commercial Banking experience
- At least 5 years of Derivatives experience
- Master’s Degree
- Excellent problem-solving and influencing skills
- Exceptional collaboration skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Capital One is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.