Manufacturing Supervisor - Night Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Middletown, DE 19709
Manufacturing Supervisor – Night Shift (WD30067150078)
What you will do
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that production requirements are met, appropriate staffing levels are maintained, employee relations are good, and a safe/clean work environment is maintained. You will plan, direct, coordinate and control manufacturing activities in assigned work area to achieve established management goals.
How you will do it
- Trains production personnel to perform work assignments safely and efficiently.
- Maintains good employee relations through coaching and consistent application of employee relation policies.
- Requisitions operating personnel to meet established goals.
- May facilitate employee team operations.
- May maintain accurate database information regarding employee training and certification.
- May review and coach employees in accordance with the plant goals.
- Administers production salary/wage policy for operating personnel properly.
- Administers and enforces health, environmental and safety standards, work practices and housekeeping policies and procedures.
- Arranges for proper maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Reports daily KPI indicators, including production, scrap, safety, and quality
- Investigates material variances, reports results of investigation and recommends improvements.
- Solicits and encourages process, procedure and equipment improvements from team members.
- May audit Standard Work Practices for each area and regularly reviews them for effectiveness through team meetings and practice.
- Assign work to meet daily manufacturing requirements and control labor and material usage to meet or improve standard costs.
- Familiarize personnel with Company rules and regulations.
- Recommend improvements on machines, equipment, job methods and procedures.
- Prepare necessary reports.
- Overtime is required to meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned
What we look for
To be considered for this role the following are required:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Engineering, Business, or Operations preferred
- 3 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing environment
- 1 years supervisory experience in manufacturing environment
- Must be able to work any assigned shift and required overtime.
Clarios, formerly JohnsonControls Power Solutions, is a world leader in advanced energy storagesolutions. We partner with our customers to meet increasing market demand forsmarter applications, on a global scale. Our 16,000 employees develop, manufactureand distribute a portfolio of evolving battery technologies for virtually everytype of vehicle. Technologies that deliver uniquely sustainable,next-generation performance, and bring reliability, safety and comfort toeveryday lives. We add value at every link in the supply chain, contributing tothe progress of the communities we serve and the planet we all share. Learnmore about Clarios at .
Clarios, LLC is an equalemployment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualifiedapplicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status asa qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protectedby law. For more information, please view EEO isthe Law, EEO isthe Law (supplement), and PayTransparency Non-discrimination. If you are an individual with a disabilityand you require an accommodation during the application process, please email .
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.