Dump Truck Driver
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19901
Dump Truck Driver
.# of Openings
This non-exempt position is dispatched to transport construction materials to customer or job site locations. May also be assigned to move construction materials at different job sites. Conducts all work in accordance with policies, procedures, and programs.
- Makes daily pre/post trip inspections on assigned vehicle in order to maintain maximum vehicle safety conditions and to check for any damaged or work parts or for any signs of tampering.
- Drives dump truck to destination applying knowledge of commercial driving regulations and of roads in the area.
- Maintains a truck log in accordance with state and federal regulations and company policy.
- Communicates regularly with dispatcher to ensure that delivery schedule is being followed and that any problems with traffic or with site conditions are reported promptly. Also, gets information on the location of the job site and the locations of any light bridges or roads on the way to the site.
- Pulls levers or turns cranks to tilt body and dump load from truck.
- Complies with all aspects of truck maintenance, cleanliness and repair in accordance with the guidelines specified in the Truck Driver’s Handbook.
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Valid Class B Commercial Drivers License is required.
- One year of CDL driving in a vehicle with a GVW of 33,000 pounds or greater is required.
- Previous dump truck experience is preferred.
- Must be physically able to operate, move about, and maintain a dump truck.
- Must pass DOT physical.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change.
Confidentiality – Haul rates printed on scalehouse tickets.
Mental Application – Must show composure and constraint to drive safely.
Responsibilities – Error in judgment while driving could result in injury or death to employee or the public. Poor driving would result in a negative perception by the public towards the company.
Contacts: Internal and Public – Interacts with the public and others in the company while making deliveries.
Physical Demands – The physical demands required are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Requires extensive and heavy physical activity and dexterity. Must be able to drive for long periods of time in a noisy and bouncy truck.
Work Environment – The work environment characteristics required are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic with seven regional offices and 15 asphalt and aggregate plants. With a workforce of more than 2,000 hard working men and women, and our own extensive fleet of vehicles and equipment, there is no job that we can not tackle. The markets we serve include: design-build, site development, transportation, water and asphalt and aggregate production. With more than 75 years of history under our belt, we are constantly growing and pushing ourselves to take on new challenges that are bigger and bolder. We are a team of hard-working men and women as strong as the structures we build. With Myers on your helmet, you’ll be part of an elite team, bonded by their determination, committed to building the face of tomorrow, today.
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce (Minority/Female/ Protected Veterans/Disabled).
Allan Myers is an equal opportunity employer, commteed to a diverse workforce (Minority/Female/Protected Verterans/ Disabled)