Corporate Director, Patient Safety and Accreditati
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Christiana Care Health System, a Magnet organization is greater Philadelphia region’s only hospital to make this year’s Truven Health Analytics list of 100 Top Hospitals in the U.S. and is the only major teaching hospital in the nation to win the Everest Award consecutively in both 2015 and 2016. Christiana Care ranks at the top in volume among leading health care systems, with only 20 hospitals in the U.S. having more admissions. We operate the only Level I trauma center between Philadelphia and Baltimore.
Christiana Care Health System is currently seeking a Corporate Director for Patient Safety & Accreditation. In this role you will be responsible for oversight of Christiana Care Health Services Patient Safety and Joint Commission, CMS and regulatory readiness. You will provide leadership, and management support, strategic planning to and overall direction to improve the quality and safety of patient care services and to achieve and maintain continuous compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Define the scope of services for the organizational and departmental patient safety and the Joint Commission readiness Plan to support the Christiana Care Way and strategic direction.
- Establish and evaluate the organizational Patient Safety and Accreditation goals & Departmental Purpose Statement in collaboration with Vice President of Quality and Patient Safety.
- Facilitate the achievement of assigned Board Quality and Safety annual operating goals.
- Direct and facilitate ongoing organizational readiness for the Joint Commission survey process and other assigned accrediting processes.
- Provide leadership and consultative services to departments and services within the organization in achieving accreditation and organizational compliance in quality and patient safety activities.
- Coordinate and integrate services across the continuum of care, within the Patient Safety and Accreditation department between other departments and subsidiaries of Christiana Care.
- Master’s degree in Business, Public Health, Nursing Science or Nursing Administration required.
- Professional experience to include at least four to five years in health care performance improvement/patient safety and accreditation.
- Minimum of 3 years Supervisory and leadership experience required.
- Education and or experience in one or more of the following are preferred: project management, management and analysis of performance improvement data, performance improvement methodologies and certification in National Association for Healthcare Quality.
- Knowledge and application of regulatory standards -serving as a subject matter expert for the organization, program management to promote the achievement of organizational regulatory goals, advancing a culture of safety and continuous readiness, mitigating and managing regulatory and patient harm risks.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.