Corporate Trust Operations Specialist - R07555
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Provides operational, analytical and reporting support to Corporate Trust business partners, clients and bondholders.
- Analyze and interpret Corporate Trust account details and incoming documentation from internal business partners and bondholders to ensure timely and accurate transaction processing on the bondholder system of record.
- Process new account setups, adjustments to existing accounts, transfers of ownership and/or payments through data entry for Corporate Trust customers, ensuring timeliness and accuracy of all work.
- Research and resolve operational and/or calculation discrepancies in response from bondholders and business partners.
- Partner with business and support colleagues including helping assess system functionality and determining solutions for special processing needs to provide an optimal and consistent client experience.
- Ensure regulatory deadlines and department guidelines are met for operational processing to protect Company interests and retain and expand customer relationships.
- Identify processing issues and opportunities for control improvements; work with managers and peers in improving processes for those approved to increase efficiency.
- Communicate with bondholders and business partners in response to their inquiries.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the business to identify, investigate and resolve issues to contribute to sustained operational performance and positive client interactions.
- Understand and adhere to the Company’s risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company’s Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Associate’s degree and a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience,
OR in lieu of a degree,
A combined minimum of 4 years’ higher education and/work experience, including a minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience
Strong analytical skills
Strong problem- solving skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Education and Experience Preferred:
Bachelor’s degree or financial services internship
Financial services experience
Ability to work under time constraints while maintaining accuracy
Strong organizational skills
Ability to partner with various stakeholders
Strong interpersonal skills with ability to set examples for others