Assistant Director, Alumni Engagement
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 494074
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Development & Alumni Relations
PAY GRADE: 29E
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
The University of Delaware’s Office of Development & Alumni Relations (DAR) mission is to engage donors, alumni, friends, parents, faculty, staff and students in a lifelong relationship and foster a tradition of philanthropy to strengthen the University’s legacy as one of the great public institutions of higher education in America.
The Assistant Director for Alumni Engagement manages the planning and execution of reunion and affinity programs and activities designed to engage alumni with the University. The Assistant Director carries out strategies to create and manage engagement events in addition to cultivating and stewarding reunion volunteers. The Assistant Director exercises autonomy in researching, evaluating, developing, and executing data driven marketing strategies to enhance fundraising and programming efforts.
• Analyze alumni demographics, engagement, and giving histories to propose a tiered approach to soliciting strong reunion ambassadors. Manage recruitment and stewardship of identified reunion ambassadors.
• Utilize available data to identify relevant trends that support a data driven approach to determining reunion goals for the current fiscal year.
• Determine relevant content and propose interactive virtual programs that engage alumni with their respective reunion event as well as with University of Delaware initiatives. Utilize available analytic tools to set goals and evaluate outcomes.
• Develop and manage a system that tracks reunion participation with engagement and giving behaviors.
• Serve as site person for all reunion and affinity events, interacting with external constituents and volunteers.
• Conduct benchmarking with peer institutions regarding reunion and affinity programs.
• Collaborate with Annual Giving to invite affinities to participate in crowd funding opportunities that align with on campus presence.
• Facilitate collaboration efforts across DAR to develop and implement program, event and volunteer stewardship strategies.
• Ensure maximum utilization of the website for events and programs.
• Manage site logistics for events, including staffing, menus, set up and floor plans, seating, parking, transportation, signage, dcor, floral, lighting, photography and media.
• Complete necessary forms and documents to track expenses accurately.
• Bachelor’s degree and three years of job-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in data analytics, social media management, event planning, alumni relations or volunteer management preferred.
• Strong analytical skills, including a high level of proficiency with excel, data mining and trend identification and analysis.
• A high degree of personal and professional integrity, poise, maturity, and excellent judgment are required in this position.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and interact well with people of all ages and diverse backgrounds.
• Strong organizational and project management skills.
• Customer-service orientation.
• MS Office skills required including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel and some experience with Access.
• Evening and weekend hours as well as local travel are required.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/hhycz52qq65dnj4d