Traffic Project Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Johnson, Mirmiran & Thompson is a dynamic, 100% employee-owned consulting firm of more than 1,600 professionals that provides a full range of multi-disciplined engineering, architecture, information technology, and related services to public agencies and private clients throughout the United States. JMT, currently ranked .#54 on Engineering News-Record’s list of the Top 500 Design Firms.
JMT is seeking a Project Manager, to work in our Newark, DE office. We are seeking a hardworking and dedicated individual who is looking for a leadership opportunity. The Project Manager is responsible for delivering all types of traffic design projects including; plan development, schedule, quality, and budget.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Manage or lead the development of final design plans for traffic signals, signing, lighting, pavement markings, ITS, maintenance of traffic, and pavement and rehabilitation projects
- Plan, schedule, assign staff, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of engineering work as part of a major project or as lead person on a project of moderate to complex scope
- Ensure project completion by the defined deadline and established quality
- Manage technical resources on the project team
- Develop and coordinate project scope, project pricing, and budgets
- Create and maintain project schedules and project specific quality plans
- Support Section Heads in developing extra work order requests and open-end contract task proposals
- Attend meetings with clients which may include client presentations
- Coordinate and assist Section Heads, and Office Managers with marketing proposals
- Familiar with traffic engineering and ITS design
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Ability to convey ideas and clear direction via written and oral communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with MicroStation
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering program
- Professional Engineer (PE) License in DE or ability to get license within 6 months of hire
- Project/Task management experience
Work is performed within a general office environment 95% of the time. Work is generally sedentary in nature but may require occasional standing and walking. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. within the office environment. Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required as needed.
Field work is required on occasion where work may be conducted outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Some lifting (up to 25 lbs) may be required as needed.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving
- Creativity and Innovation
- Customer Focus
- Decision Making
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Job-Focused Learning
- Planning and Organizing/Time Management
JMT is an , and we are proud to be building an inclusive and diverse workforce
Newark, Delaware, United States
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity