Educational Training Specialist - SQL
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19801
Position Title – Educational Training Specialist – SQL
Position Number – TBE
Position Type – Temporary Part-Time
Hiring Location – George Campus-Wilmington, DE
Contact Phone Number – (302) 573-5469
Contact Email Address – email@example.com
Work Location – George Campus-Wilmington, DE
Position Specific Details – America’s Promise Grant SQL Academy:
Course is designed to prepare students to become Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA): SQL 2016 Database Development Instructor must pass Exams 70-761 and 70-762.
May-Sept 2019 on Mon/Wed/Fri evenings
Salary – $50.00/hr.
Classification Information –
Classification Title – Educational Training Specialist
Job Code – 3038 (FT), 3538 (PT)
FLSA – Exempt
Position Pay Grade – Salary Plan A (FT), Salary Plan C (PT)
Position Type – Part-Time
Summary Statement -
An incumbent is responsible for conducting and/or teaching workshops, seminars and/or courses, evaluating participants, and developing and implementing curricula. In addition, the incumbent is responsible for providing individual tutoring, advisement, and/or counseling services to the Workforce Development and Community Education Division participants/students, as well as providing support for division activities.
Nature and Scope -
An incumbent typically reports to an appropriate Workforce Development and Community Education supervisor/administrator. Duties include a variety of accountabilities pertaining to planning, organizing, and conducting workshops, seminars, and/or courses, and providing tutoring, advisement, and/or counseling services to Workforce Development and Community Education participants/students. In addition, an incumbent is to assist in other Workforce Development and Community Education activities, e.g., recruitment, job placement, and support services for participants/students, as assigned.
Principal Accountabilities -
An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Conducts and/or teaches workshops, seminars, and/or courses as assigned, utilizing effective communications, classroom/workshop management, leadership, training, and teaching techniques.
2. Develops new programs, workshops/seminars and/or courses and syllabi. Evaluates programs, courses, workshops/seminars and/or courses, including syllabi, teaching methods, materials, equipment, and facilities; revises existing programs, workshops/seminars and/or courses as assigned.
3. Selects, maintains, and uses materials, supplies, and equipment required for effective teaching, facilitating, and training.
4. Maintains adequate participant/student records, including intake test results, and counseling notes; evaluates and reports participants’ progress and/or attendance. Prepares and submits evaluations as required.
5. Provides objective advisement and tutoring of participant/students as necessary to assist in successful completion of the program.
6. Schedules, posts, and maintains office hours to aid in participant’s progress.
7. Works as a team with other faculty and staff to facilitate routine department operations and achieve departmental goals and objectives. Assists in attaining program accreditation.
8. Participates in departmental/campus/College meetings and serves on committees, as required.
9. Participates in professional development in-service programs.
10. Assists as requested in developing proposal/department/program budget, establishing and maintaining effective public relations, and facilitating routine department operations.
11. Assists with extra-curricular client activities as requested.
12. Performs other related duties as required.
Posting Details -
Posting Number – REG1840PO
Number of Vacancies – 1
Desired Start Date -
Position End Date (if temporary) -
Open Date – 12/16/2018
Close Date -
Open Until Filled – Yes
Special Applicant Instructions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Required Documents -
3.First Letter of Reference
4.Second Letter of Reference
Optional Documents 1.Cover Letter/Letter of Application