Director, Strategic Partner Development - Multiple Locations
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19904
A Work from Home position, can be located in USA or Canada.
The Global eCommerce division of Elavon Global Acquiring Solutions, a division of U.S. Bank is hiring a Director, Strategic Partner Development – Emerging Markets is responsible for business development with new third party partners and driving revenues via these partners to Elavon. The candidate will be tasked with sourcing new partners via various lead generation methods to develop partnerships with Integrated Software Vendors (ISVs) within the integrated payments space. This role will focus on positioning Elavon as the Payments partner of choice in emerging markets. Specifically, the role will lead the new business development efforts within expanded market areas for Elavon, including personal and professional services market segments and other industry groups to drive new software, solution and services relationships for Elavon.
The focus is on driving direct referring partnerships; prioritization will be with those software companies who can directly refer merchant business to Elavon. Ideally, the partnership between Elavon and the ISV is a mutually beneficial arrangement, structured to drive business effectively to both parties. Typically, these relationships will require an integration and certification to Elavon together with applicable referral business agreements.
Integrated Software Vendors/Partners are a strategic focus of Elavon and this key role will promote and generate Elavon solution awareness in order to ultimately create and sustain a consistent referral stream of customers through the development of integrated solution partnerships. This individual will have a strong understanding of software markets and North American Integrated Payments space, have the ability to work well independently, proven success with an incentive-based compensation plans and have demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
This position will require an individual to successfully engage potential partners at both the Product and Business Development/Executive levels including:
• Effectively positioning Elavon within these communities as the payments partner of choice for emerging software and services companies
• responsibility for defining appropriate commercial terms for each relationship, including referral commitments
• Determining applicable product solution sets, and working with Elavon teams to define effective marketing efforts and sales programs to increase these opportunities, ultimately resulting in lead generation from these partners.
• Work with internal departments to develop new certifications between partner solutions and Elavon’s payment platforms.
Top candidates must also possess and maintain an extensive and fundamental technical knowledge of electronic payment processing, including integration capabilities, interchange fees, pricing schedules, association rules and regulations, underwriting risk, compliance standards, processing solutions including hardware and software options, as well as EMV and emerging technologies within the payment gateway and acquiring business lines. Ideally the candidate will have experience with Card Not Present or eCommerce customers and partners, and must have or gain knowledge of the Elavon Partner program and product offerings, focusing lead development efforts on preferred customer profiles to enhance lead and referral totals and closing ratios.
• The primary functions of the Strategic Partner Development Director are to source and execute partnerships with POS, PMS, CRM, SaaS, e-Commerce, and Consulting vendors and developers, which create merchant services reseller opportunities or leads for all direct sales channels.
• Execute on strategies to position Elavon’s offerings into the partner market in an effective way.
• Identify and monitor market trends and competitors actions in order to gain the competitive advantage.
• Generate leads, prospect, and execute reseller and referral partnerships with integrated partners.
• Structure partnerships, including defining the Elavon transaction management delivery, negotiating contracts, and establishing sales strategies with partners to drive additional revenue opportunities.
• Work with internal departments to develop new certification(s) between partner solutions and Elavon platforms.
• Work closely with Partner Relationship Managers to communicate program details and marketing initiatives with multiple stakeholders, including account executives, partners and prospects.
• 5 years’ experience in sales and/or business development experience in the merchant acquiring industry.
• 5 years’ experience working with POS vendors/developers and payment-related technology.
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
• Subject matter expertise in merchant acquiring industry products and services; ability to clearly communicate merchant acquiring concepts, including interchange fees, pricing schedules, underwriting risk and compliance standards, and key benefits offered to potential partners.
• Effective communicator with strong presentation, relationship building, and negotiation skills.
• Proven ability to successfully work with IT/Product level contacts to partner with technology organizations and define go-to-market sales strategies.
• Proven track record in performing well in fast paced environment; ability to handle multiple priorities and work aggressively to achieve growth.
• Strong partnering and influencing skills; ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders.
• Strong closing skills and sense of urgency to push business forward within aggressive time-frames in support of the overall strategy and revenue growth targets.
• Strong financial/competitive analysis skills and ability to make critical decisions independently
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
Primary Location: Georgia-GA-Atlanta
Shift: 1st – Daytime
Average Hours Per Week: 40
Requisition ID: 190016285
Other Locations: North Carolina-NC-Charlotte, Texas-TX-Dallas, IL-IL-Chicago, Colorado-CO-Denver, CA-CA-Los Angeles, United States, CA-CA-San Francisco, Idaho-ID-Boise, Minnesota-MN-Minneapolis, Arizona-AZ-Phoenix, Washington-WA-Seattle
U.S. Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating a diverse workforce.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.