Chief Compliance Officer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
WSFS Bank is currently seeking aChief Compliance Officer. The Chief Compliance Officer is responsible for the design and execution of the bank’s Compliance Risk Management (CRM) program and related policies, ensuring that the Bank’s operations are conducted in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This role will report to the Chief Risk Officer, and partner with the Executive and Senior Management team, providing oversight and advice in matters related to compliance with banking regulations. This role will lead the regulatory oversight and compliance function across all risk areas of the organization, and is expected to have extensive knowledge of consumer regulatory compliance, BSA/AML, enterprise governance, and effective compliance risk management practices, while providing management, leadership, strategic direction and oversight of the Bank’s Compliance department. The incumbent should drive a culture of compliance throughout various business lines, develop and implement organizational policies and procedures intended to prevent unethical and illegal conduct, and monitor and review activities of business and support units to ensure compliance with internal policies and external laws and regulations.
The Chief Compliance Officer will act as a primary interface with regulators on compliance matters (primarily with the OCC, FRB, and CFPB), while identifying, facilitating, and/or implementing changes to policies and procedures in response to changes in laws and regulations. This role should identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risks and provide reporting on a regular basis and as directed to keep Senior Management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts. Additionally, this role will oversee an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new Associates as well as ongoing training for existing Associates, provide leadership for the compliance program governance and delivery, develop metrics and report on the effectiveness of compliance programs, and should drive continuous improvement
This position will be located at the WSFS Bank Center in Wilmington, DE.
• Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree is preferred.
• Must have at least 10 years of management experience in Compliance, Risk Management or a related field in banking or financial services.
• Must possess Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) certification or other risk-related certifications such as CIA, CRP, CFE or CAMS.
• Must have extensive compliance subject matter expertise and experience in financial services.
• Proven experience working with bank regulators, including the CFPB, OCC and FRB.
• Must possess proven strong leadership and collaboration skills.
• Strong negotiation, influencing, and relationship management skills.
• Demonstrated effectiveness presenting to Executive Management, Board of Directors and regulators.
• Strong business acumen, and exceptional problem solving, decision making and analytical skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be proficient using Microsoft Office products and other banking software when applicable.
Physical Demands:The physical demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Incumbent will be required to stand for intermittent periods of time.
• Incumbent may be required to sit for prolonged periods of time.
• Dexterity is mandatory as this job requires frequent use of hands and fingers.
• The incumbent will be required to walk, reach with hands and arms, push items overhead, occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The incumbent will also be required to talk, hear, see, read and write.
• This position requires regular lifting and moving of 10-25 lbs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Cognitive Demands:The cognitive demands described below must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
• This position requires adaptability, assessing, analyzing, calculating, dependability, memorizing, good judgment, stress control, prioritization, social skills and speaking.
• This position requires comprehension, organization, reasoning and decision-making, communication and mathematical ability.
• Incumbent must possess the capability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information, organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology, prioritization of own work schedule, apply common sense in performing job duties and making decisions which have impact on immediate work unit.
• Incumbent must be able to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines, complete routine paperwork, use existing form letter and/or conduct routine oral communication, communicate with individuals using a telephone, hear and speak effectively on the telephone, express or exchange ideas by means of spoken word, communicate orally with others accurately and quickly, at an audible level that others can hear.
• Incumbent must also have the ability to count accurately and the ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide and record, balance and check results for accuracy.
EOE Minorities / Females / Protected Veterans / Disabled