Multi Craft Technician - 1st Shift
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Milford, DE 19963
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The purpose of the position is to keep all production machinery and mechanical processes within the facility operating at maximum reliability levels. The position will install, troubleshoot, repair, modify, rebuild and perform preventive/predictive maintenance on all production machinery/automated systems, including all support equipment within the facility. The position will function in a multi-maintenance discipline capacity (mechanical, electrical and electronics) and direct equipment reliability efforts within maintenance.
This position is for 1st Shift.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Proficient in the performance of: preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, mechanical and electrical repairs, electrical installation/wiring and other tasks or procedures to keep all systems in operational condition to meet production, refrigeration, waste water processing, building/grounds, and shipping needs
2. Read blueprints, schematics and diagrams for assembly, disassembly and troubleshooting purposes.
3. Read and interpret gauges, dials, or other indicators to ensure machines are working properly.
4. Repair machines or systems using mechanical, electrical, or electronic testing devises and/or tools.
5. Determine the kind of tools or resources needed to complete a mechanical repair.
6. Install equipment, machines, wiring or programs to meet specifications.
7. Calibrate instruments according to specifications.
8. Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as megometers, Fluke Calibrator, and multi-meters.
9. Use predictive maintenance tools (Thermo graphic, Vibratic, Ultrasonic, etc.)
10. Provide emergency repairs in a timely manner to minimize downtime. Communicate effectively with equipment manufactures and read equipment manuals, blueprints, and other sources of information to assure timely repair of equipment
11. Respond to Management or Process Technician concerns of equipment performance. Inform the Production supervisor of any necessary modifications or system malfunctions that would affect their area of operation now or in the future.
12. Train others on proper operation, troubleshooting and repair of equipment
13. Work with continuous improvement teams and other teams, as assigned, providing technical support and input to the team objectives. Provide PLC and VFD support on production equipment. Provide plant support for MIT systems and assist in development of needed systems.
14. Observe all facility safety rules and regulations to assure your own personal safety and that of co-workers. Perform tasks using good manufacturing Practices, housekeeping and applicable codes
15. Direct other less experienced multi-craft or process technicians as needed on projects. Function in a leadership role among other maintenance personnel. Work to improve asset utilization using disciplines such as Root Cause Analysis and Mean Time Between Failures.
+ High School or equivalent
+ 5 plus years of industrial maintenance experience performing multi-craft activities.
+ Reading, writing and analytical skills are required.
+ Must have all personal tools at all times and be able to use and operate hand tools and industrial shop equipment.
+ Requires knowledge of math that relates to performing maintenance activities.
+ Able to make correct calculations when completing mechanical, electrical or electronic maintenance repairs.
+ Able to verify dimensions and diagrams for assembly, disassembly and troubleshooting purposes.
+ Able to determine clearance of parts to ensure conformance to specification using precision measuring instruments.
+ Proficient using the following technologies: mechanical systems including hydraulics, pneumatics, pumps, etc., electrical/electronic systems including power monitoring/distribution, motors, controls, PLCs, VFDs, etc., and troubleshooting electromechanical equipment/systems. Ability to restore equipment to original OEM specifications.
+ Experience with MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint). Must demonstrate the ability to navigate the internet seeking maintenance related equipment or food processing data and investigate mechanical solutions using MTech and internet browsers/search engines.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
1. Position is active. On the plant floor activities such as troubleshooting and re-design of existing systems are routine. 2. May need to move equipment occasionally. 3. May need to access files, supplies and equipment. 4. Position requires an associate to have the ability to move throughout the complex and all facilities. .5. When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces. May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db. May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility. Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.