Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Kforce has a client that is seeking a Mainframe Engineer. This position is located in Wilmington, Delaware (DE). If you feel you are qualified, please apply today!Can you picture yourself working for one of
America’s Ideal Employers? Our client has received numerous awards and accolades due in part to their commitment to diversity, veterans, and fostering innovation. They’ve been named one of Fortune Magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies of 2018 and are included in the Top 50 Most Innovative Companies named by Boston Consulting Group. With on-site training and mentoring, they are committed to your professional development as well.
- Technical 4-year degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent experience
- At least a minimum of 4 years of experience working with full stack SDLC
- 4 years of hands on experience with mainframe applications using CICS, COBOL, VSAM and DB2, JCL
- 4 years of experience using JCL, IDCAMS and SCM tools (e.g.: Changeman/Endevor)
- Proficient in Mainframe development as well as multiple design techniques
- Working proficiency in Mainframe toolset to design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies with ability to work in at least one of the common frameworks
- Strong understanding of techniques such as Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Test Driven Development, Cloud Development, application resiliency and security
- Proficiency in one or more general purpose programming languages
- Working proficiency in a portion of software engineering disciplines and demonstrates understanding of overall software skills including business analysis, development, testing, deployment, maintenance and improvement of Software
- Must be detail oriented and capable of analyzing business requirements, design, develop and test the requirement
- Must work collaboratively with Scrum Team in agile development methodology
- Expert in Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
- Strong technical analysis and problem-solving experience – yet adept at interfacing with all levels of management and influencing in a matrix organization.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Compensation Type:Hours