Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
General Mechanic (Job Number: 204989W-01)
& Imaging is a technology leader with a unique depth and breadth of
knowledge, applications and technical expertise, and product portfolio. Our
products serve the semiconductor, advanced chip packaging, circuit board,
electronic and industrial finishing, photovoltaic, display, and digital and
flexographic printing industries. Electronics & Imaging is a leading
innovator with unmatched materials integrations expertise, built upon our
recognized strong customer relationships and our global market presence. Our Newark-Bellevue, DE site currently has a
new opportunity for a General Mechanic.
THE ROLE &RESPONSIBILITIES
Performscorrective maintenance and preventative maintenance duties
· Knowledge of all
codes and documents required by SOP
· Knowledge of all
related equipment such as electrical and pneumatic control systems, motors,
drives, heating and ventilating equipment, compressors, pumps, blowers, ovens,
shafts/bearings, heat transfer systems, material handling systems, process piping
and waste water removal systems
· Capable of
precisely aligning pumps, shafts and motors
· Works clean and
Operates all Maintenance related equipment
· Ability to
troubleshoots, diagnoses and repairs/adjusts all types of related machinery
· Expert knowledge
and precision use of pipe threading machines, electrical test equipment,
hand/power tools, forklifts, cranes, dollies, lifts, roller bars and hoists
in the use of mechanical diagnostic equipment and techniques
· Follow rules and
regulations within specialty trade
operations meet state requirements
· Leads and assists
other mechanics and contractors
· Knowledge of
dismantling and rigging equipment for safe transport
· Knowledge of
setting and aligning all related equipment
· Notifies team
leader of adjustments in spare part stock
Follows blueprint design
· Plans, designs,
interprets and works from standard and non-standard blueprints and drawings
· Ability to
recognize conflicts in design prior to work beginning
· Ability to
specify material needs for job completion
Participates in achievingthe company quality goals: dedicated to reducing product variation and to the spirit
and body of continuous improvement; strives for a better understanding of our
customers’ requirements; maintains proficiency in problem solving techniques;
embraces the concept of teamwork; takes ownership for the quality of the
products produced and services performed; and provides excellent internal and
external customer service.
Operates in compliance withcompany safety practices : complies with and aids in the development of departmental
safety rules; ensures all equipment is in good working order and operates in a
safe manner; follows procedures for handling and disposal of chemicals;
monitors area for hazards; uses safety equipment when required; and maintains
safe, clean work area.
1. Six years of experience as a maintenance mechanic in a manufacturing environment is required. Preferred experience will be in a chemical or pharmaceutical environments
2. Journeyman Millwright certification is preferred.
3. Advanced mechanical knowledge in the maintenance trades is required. Knowledge of rotating equipment (Air Compressors, Pumps, Mixers, etc.) is required. Electrical experience is desired. Troubleshooting ability is necessary. Familiarity with and ability to use measuring instruments such as dial indicators, micrometers, scales, etc. is required.
4. Manual dexterity and familiarity with maintenance machinery are required. The ability to safely operate power saws, pipe threaders, drill presses, sandblasters, torches, etc. is required.
5. Independent worker with minimal supervision
6. Cooperative attitude and the ability to make critical judgments during the production process are necessary.
7. Possesses the written, verbal and interaction skills necessary to work with internal and external customers
8. A working knowledge of other maintenance skills such as HVAC, plumbing, welding, etc. is required.
9. Ability to satisfy all training courses is required
10. Proficiency in the uses, designation, and size of all materials related to the trade specialty.
11. Ability to correctly interpret blueprints and P&ID’s.
12. Excellent mechanical and mathematical abilities are required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This position requires the ability to work in seated or standing positions for prolonged periods of time; perform sustained manual activities at moderate to heavy levels of exertion, including lifting and moving loads of minimum of 50 pounds, climb ladders/stairs and work on elevated platforms; use hand tools and operate fixed and mobile plant equipment; work and travel throughout plant environment of varied temperature and humidity; a full range of motion; and to wear personal protective devices such as harnesses, respirators, hard hat, safety glasses, safety shoes, etc..
At DuPont, we have an unbridled commitment to deliver essential innovations that enrich people’s lives, enable sustainable development and foster human potential for generations to come.
Innovations developed from highly engineered products and naturally sourced ingredients to shape industries and everyday life. From smarter homes to more efficient cars, from better ways of digitally connecting to new tools that enable active and healthy lifestyles…in all these areas and many more, we’re working with customers to transform their ideas into real world answers that help humanity thrive.
Coupled with core values and excellent compensation & benefits… Together, we’re turning possibilities into real world answers that help humanity prosper!
Come realize how you can make an impact, act like an owner and partner with customers in our journey.
Please access the following link to better understand & appreciate DuPont’s Journey at https://eidupont.scene7.com/is/content/eidupont/production/unstructured/DuPont.Now_Final_19Apr2019_TA.pdf :
Primary Location: NA-United States-Delaware-Newark
Organization: Electronics & Imaging
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Entry Level
DuPont is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class. If you need a reasonable accommodation to search or apply for a position, please visit our Accessibility Page for Contact Information. For US Applicants: See the “Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law” poster.