Relationship Manager, LM I - Commercial
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Relationship Manager, LM I – Commercial
About TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank®
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is one of the 10 largest banks in the U.S., providing more than 8 million customers with a full range of retail, small business and commercial banking products and services at approximately 1,300 convenient locations throughout the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Metro D.C., the Carolinas and Florida. In addition, TD Bank and its subsidiaries offer customized private banking and wealth management services through TD Wealth®, and vehicle financing and dealer commercial services through TD Auto Finance. TD Bank is headquartered in Cherry Hill, N.J. To learn more, visit www.tdbank.com. at http://www.tdbank.com/ Find TD Bank on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TDBank and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/TDBank_US .
TD Bank, America’s Most Convenient Bank, is a member of TD Bank Group and a subsidiary of The Toronto-Dominion Bank of Toronto, Canada, a top 10 financial services company in North America. The Toronto-Dominion Bank trades on the New York and Toronto stock exchanges under the ticker symbol “TD”. To learn more, visit www.td.com at http://www.td.com/ .
Auto req ID:
The RMLM role will be responsible for growth goals (loans, deposits, fees), both individually and within the team, through development of new business Customers and cross selling existing Customers as well as an established network of resources
• Make sales calls and may coordinate sales calling efforts, gather related financial and general business information as directed, coordinate financial analyses needed to make credit decisions
• Contribute and/or provide recommendation to loan decision process based on evaluation of credit risk and other key factors from Credit Management
• Negotiate specific terms and conditions and communicate credit decisions to prospects and Customers as directed by policy and/or credit approval
• Lead all aspects of relationship management for an assigned portfolio /segment and/or geography
• Deliver exceptional customer service at every interaction and execute on plans to continuously improve the customer experience
• Act as a trusted advisor expected to meet the needs of customers by providing creative products / solutions
• Actively use sales platforms to build a robust understanding of customer / target needs, industries, and markets
• Understand customer’s operating environment, structure unique financing, cash management and overall business needs to add value to the customer
• Actively generate referrals to all business partners in the Bank to help meet the comprehensive financial needs of TD customers
• Develop a clear retention plan for assigned portfolio deposits and loans within the specified territory
• Possess and constantly enhance expert knowledge of the market, customers, and broader economic factors
• Identify and respond to changes in the business environment and establishing action plans to address customer issues and priorities
• Identify customer / prospect referral opportunities to internal Bank partners that meet customer needs
• Develop community relationships and membership in civic and professional organizations, including active participation in networking events
• Experienced professional with a focus on providing business development, customer relationship management and / or sales advisory support within their own area of specialty
• Originates and monitors a variety of more routine, less complex loans
• Requires an in-depth understanding of products / services and key competitors
• Identifies referral opportunities across business lines and segments
• Understands the business and technical principles that underpin the design and delivery of the products and services provided
• Possesses a solid understanding of the business, the competitive landscape and economic/market issues
• May serve as a product or customer segment knowledge resource
• Coordinates the identification, pursuit or management of accounts / opportunities with others while taking a primary role in managing the relationship
• Solves moderately complex problems by taking a new perspective on existing product and service solutions
• Exercises judgment in planning and developing customized account management processes; focuses on customizing advice and solutions
• Puts solutions in context when presenting complex alternatives and framing advice
• Work performed under minimal management guidance and supervision
• Identifies and leads customer problem resolution
+ Must be eligible for employment under regulatory standards applicable to the position.
The Relationship Manager, LM I role services the needs of the Commercial banking business, customizing a broad range of products and services to meet the financial needs of TD’s customers. The job is responsible to acquire, develop and manage commercial banking relationships by providing customized solutions across different commercial segments to build a strategy that is right for the customer now, and in the future with a focus on growing the portfolio by providing financial solutions and developing new business from both existing and new customers.
The role is a trusted advisor who, with sensitivity to the customer’s operating environment, structures and packages practical and competitive solutions that demonstrate an understanding of their financing, cash management and overall business needs to add value to the customer’s portfolio.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live in and serve, and creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
If you are a candidate with a disability and need an accommodation to complete the application process, email the TD Bank US Workplace Accommodations Program at USWAPTDO@td.com . Include your full name, best way to reach you, and the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process.
EOE/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
• Undergraduate degree
• 3+ years relevant experience
• Credit and financial analysis skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• PC skills
• Developing knowledge of commercial business development techniques and credit decisions
2035 Limestone Road
TD Bank AMCB
Job Category – Primary:
Commercial Banking, Sales & Business Development
Federal law prohibits job discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability and genetic information.