Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Milford, DE 19963
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it’s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
The primary purpose of the Productions Mentor is to monitor new hire ramp-in process, ensure new associates receive proper training/rotation in regard to Perdue policies, communicate company rules and regulations pertaining to safety, hazardous communication, and ergonomics and assist supervisor with reaching department goals and objectives as it relates to safety, retention and production.
This position is for night shift.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Ensure new associates receive proper training and follow-up on hazardous communication, safety, ergonomics, job rotation and other subjects with associates according to Perdue policies
2. Maintain necessary paperwork and documentation for the new hire ramp-in process
3. Oversee all daily activities which take place in each area of responsibility. Know and communicate all quality and production goals to associates and achieve them
4. Attend and hold regular team meetings with new hires; to communicate on quality, production, and safety items
5. Ensure that daily production and processing goals are met in accordance with USDA and company standards
6. Hold the ability and skill to perform all jobs of each position within their area
7. Works at various stations along the production line processing poultry food products.
8. Adheres to all safety requirements including PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), preventing and reporting unsafe acts and conditions, Lockout-Tagout procedures and Process Safety Management related matters.
9. Maintains clean and safe working environment.
10. Participates in Company and department safety programs.
+ High School or equivalent not required but beneficial.
+ Worked a minimum of 6 months of consecutive work history with one employer within the past 3 years.
+ Experience in poultry processing/manufacturing environment preferred.
+ Spanish and/or Creole speaking abilities highly preferred
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
When in a plant environment:
Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
May be exposed to dust, feathers and all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company.
Occasional exposure to carbon dioxide vapors 10ppm and chlorine less than 20 ppm.
Able to stand for several hours.
Work may include lifting (up to 50 lbs), reaching, bending, pushing boxes on conveyor assembly.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.