Security Officer - Wilmington DE (operations)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Security Officer – Wilmington DE
Wilmington, DE, United States of America
DSI believes that success is bred in the recruiting, selection, supervision, and training of each and every employee. Believing in the need for ongoing and perpetual training helps to set DSI apart from its competitors. Many companies give testimonials about their commitment to customer service and employee satisfaction but few deliver on that promise. That is where the DSI motto, “DWYSYWD”, comes into the picture. Simply stated, DSI strives to “DO WHAT YOU SAY YOU WILL DO”.
The staff at DSI believes that if we understand the culture and mindset of our customers then we can more easily create a unique service solution to reflect it. DSI strives to create a work experience for our employees reflecting the work culture, principles, and values of our clients as well as of DSI, and based upon this, we screen employees for skills, philosophies, and attributes that reflect both. In doing so, we believe DSI delivers employees and service mutually beneficial to everyone.
Job Skills / Requirements
DSI Security is currently hiring Healthcare Security Officers.
Starting pay of $11.75/hour!!
Healthcare Security Officer Job Responsibilities:
Assist in maintaining a safe and secure environment by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel at your assigned site location. Also, observe and report activity and incidents at assigned location.
Healthcare Security Officer candidates must meet the following requirements:
• Possess a current and valid Delaware Non-Commissioned Security Officers License (yellow card).
• Pepper spray, expandable baton, and handcuffing certification required for most posts, training available if needed.
• CPR/AED and Basic First Aid certifications preferred but not required.
• Be at least 21 years old.
• Have a High School Diploma or GED.
• Have a valid driver’s license.
• Have reliable means of transportation and communication.
• Pass all required background and drug screenings.
• If applicable to the location you are applying for, must be able to meet and continue to meet all applicable licensing requirements for Security Officers based on state, county and/or municipal regulations.
• Be customer service oriented.
• Have good written and oral communications skills, and be computer literate.
• Be able to perform routine foot patrol and do moderate lifting.
• Be able to stand, without the ability to sit down or lean on anything, for up to 4 hours.
Healthcare Security Officer Job Duties:
• Assist in securing premises and personnel by patrolling property, monitoring surveillance equipment, inspecting buildings, equipment, and access points, etc.
• Effectively Interact with a variety of persons including clients, visitors, public safety officials, employees and the general public
• Completes daily and special reports by recording observations and information
• Pursuant to the post orders, respond to alarm signals (fire, medical emergency, inclement weather, safety/security threats, etc.)
• Being alert to observe, correct, and report safety and security hazards
• Providing effective access and exit controls according to the post orders
• Maintain visibility to deter safety and security threats
• Ensuring patient watch policies and procedures are properly enforced
• Presents oneself in a professional manner through appearance and conduct
• Promoting safety to prevent accidents
• Comply with client and company policies and procedures
• Comply with all established post orders
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results
• Furthering employee relations, goodwill, and public relations
• All other duties that are required and/or assigned
Additional Information / Benefits
+ Medical Coverage
+ Dental Insurance
+ Vision Insurance
+ 401k Plan – With DSI match
+ Paid Vacations
+ Paid Training
+ Complimentary Uniforms
+ Superior Service Awards and Recognition
+ Officer of the Month and Year Awards
+ Flexible Hours
DSI Security is a Drug Free employer and complies with all applicable laws regarding affirmative action and equal opportunity in all its activities and programs and does not discriminate against anyone protected by law because of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, handicap, or status as a veteran or disabled veteran.
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Drug Screen, Criminal Background Check
This is a Full and Part-Time position
1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.