Lead Analyst IT - Applications and Technical Platform Archit
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Primary role is to perform technical architecture functions to include architecting solutions, designing application integrations, defining system design and functional requirements, and providing technical support to maintain and enhance the application distributed infrastructure. This role works directly with utility business clients, IT teams, and the support service provider as the subject matter expert (SME) on the Utility Asset Suite work and asset management platform. Leads activities for planning, designing, developing, implementing, and maintaining the platform, application, integrations, and related components. Provides guidance to support teams in developing, testing and deploying application updates/changes to meet utility business client requirements and ensure alignment with standard Exelon tools, practices, and procedures.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Perform, manage and appropriately document work activities relating to projects, operational support, or IT and business processes.
• For projects: plan, design, and build IT software solutions in accordance with IT project management standards.
• For operational and application support: plan and lead IT activities required to drive delivery of support services that meet service level agreements and business requirements.
• For IT and business processes: develop and review detailed designs and solutions for compliance with IT architecture requirements and alignment with utility business processes.
- Works on the level of individual solutions and their integrations. Pursues opportunities to innovate the solution architecture and create a future state roadmap to drive lifecycle application management. Use best practices to improve products and services provided to business unit partners.
- Maintain and enhance engagement with business and IT partners and other stakeholders
- Establish positive team environment by proactively assisting and training less experienced personnel.
- Maintain technical knowledge and business acumen within own discipline or function
- Work with utility business clients to understand client needs and determine technical and functional requirements
- Applies technical expertise to plan, design, build, test, and support work and asset management solutions to include the application, databases, and supporting distributed infrastructure.
- Analyzes business client processes to recommend new application functionality and/or innovative solutions that leverage technology
- Serves as SME for the design, testing and maintenance of the work and asset management platform.
- Demonstrates ability to meet project objectives, priorities, and problem solve in aggressive timeframes.
- Effectively interacts and communicates with vendors, business partners, and/or cross functional teams to lead, collaborate, and coordinate on technical activities as required
- Mentor peers and junior staff to help build a pipeline of personnel with enhanced skillsets and capabilities
- Other duties as assigned or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline and typically 5 to 8 years of experience in Utility Asset Suite Architecture and Application, WebSphere, WebLogic and J2EE framework
- Strong knowledge and technical skills in JAVA, UNIX Scripts, XML COBOL, SQL Windows, JCL, TIBCO, FUSION, MQ, and PLSQL
- Strong knowledge of electric and gas utility business practices and processes that employ work and asset management or enterprise asset management (EAM) applications and systems.
- Experience leading small IT projects or sub-teams and knowledge of IT project management.
- Strong problem solving and critical analysis ability.
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with remote project teams
- CSM Certified ScrumMaster; Knowledge and experience with Agile development methods; Familiar with DevOps and DevSecOps.
- Technical knowledge with Oracle, JDBC, SOA, Web Services and related technologies. Experience with TOAD Database Admin Software.
- Knowledge and experience with the technical architecture of ABB Asset Suite in a distributed environment
- IT project management or PMP certification; Familiarity with MS Project and Microsoft Office applications.