Sr Safety Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Christiana, DE 19702
At Exelon, we’ve got a place for you!
Join the nation’s leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position serves as the primary Health and Safety resource for technical expertise and management of localsafety issues 24/7/365 with primary responsibility for health and safety compliance, procedure development, local health and safety awareness and information sharing. Establishes appropriate metrics, monitors performance, facilitates culture change initiatives, and performs incident analysis/root cause investigations of personal injury and motor vehicle accidents.
Achieves results through communication and strong relationships with Operations regions/divisions. Key activities required of the position include maintenance of established safety programs, implementation of the utility safety operating plan and technical support to clients on Health and Safety issues.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 × 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide coaching, consultation, and technical support to EED Operation regions/divisions. Support local safety councils in the development and maintenance of safety plans. 40
- Manage the local resolution process of safety and health issues as they arise, via analysis, benchmarking, risk management and regulatory interface. 30
- Provide coaching and mentoring to leadership in the area of Safety Culture Change (Director thru Represented employees) 15
- Maintain injury record keeping in accordance with federal regulation, and manages overall accident reporting process including understanding of the facts of each event, determining recordability while maintaining the confidentiality of employee personal information and medical conditions. 10
- Interpret, advise recommend, and ensure compliance with local and federal regulations. (OSHA and DOT). Interface with regulators and external customers as needed. 5
- B. S. /B. A. in safety, industrial hygiene, engineering or related technical field and 5-8 years experience in utility operations or in EH & S field or minimum 10 years field experience in utility operations.
- Attention to detail, sense of urgency.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and self-initiating.
- Demonstrated ability to trigger action and achieve results through personal influence.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data, interpret information, and formulate recommendations.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in both individual and team-based environments.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, establish trust.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the fundamental principles of leadership.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate effectively and facilitate conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated business acumen, employee awareness and ability to create value.
- Working knowledge of PC, and Microsoft Office Programs.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.Valid drivers license.
- Broad knowledge of applicable state and federal safety laws and regulations.
- Broad knowledge of industrial hygiene principles.
- Broad knowledge of electric and gas distribution field operations.
- Broad knowledge of EH & S regulations and scientific principles.
- Demonstrated ability to support cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to implement process enhancements and efficiencies including technology and performance.
- Certified Utility Safety Associate, Certified Safety Professional or other comparable safety professional certification(s).
Qualifications- This position serves as the internal expert for utility safety compliance. ; The incumbent provides technical guidance, support and direction for clients and key stakeholders with a goal of maintaining or improving the level of compliance in client operations. ; The position provides direction for the implementation of activities required to meet corporate strategic initiatives.
- This position is direct report to the Safety Lead for the applicable operating company and is a dotted line report to operations regional management. ; The job requires managing client services across multiple division/regional service locations and supporting a client base of 500 – 700 employees.
- This position includes response to safety emergencies outside of normal working hours, including on-call duty schedules and utility mutual aid assignments as required.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster