Tax Technology Senior Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Reports To: Senior Manager of Tax and Compliance
Overview of the position:
The Tax Technology Senior Analyst will help drive the tax application strategy and portfolio for the Chemours corporate tax department with a focus on developing, improving, and maintaining the Chemours tax technology profile. This role will support the Senior Manager in the application development process and help identify opportunities to better utilize technology in the tax space.
Chemours tax utilizes technology wherever possible to improve its operations and analytical capabilities. This role will have a significant impact on the future of Chemours tax as it looks to continue to identify and implement new technology solutions and improve operational efficiencies.
Overall Job Responsibilities:
- Keep up-to-date on current and future technology tools available for core applications including: ONESOURCE Tax Software Suite (OIT/OTP/OXP/OPT/OneSource Tax Determination) MS SharePoint, Oracle Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), and SAP.
- Identify opportunities to leverage, streamline, and better manage the access and flow of relevant data into the tax department with the use of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems, business intelligence (BI), potential robotic process automation (RPA) and tax data hubs.
- Proactively identify tax technology and process needs within the tax team, including initiatives for process improvements, automation and application of tax process and technology best suited for the tax team.
- Identify and support implementation opportunities for data analytics within tax by leveraging data analytic tools such as Tableau, Alteryx and Power BI.
- Help partner with Chemours’s IT organization and other software vendors supervising the installation, upgrade and daily maintenance of tax software applications.
- Support governance of Tax SharePoint site and structure
- Create documentation that explains implementation details, maintenance procedures, and system processes.
- 2-3 years of progressive IT experience; supporting tax and/or accounting department preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Information Technology preferred
- Working knowledge of Thompson Reuters Platform for direct and indirect taxes a plus.
- Working knowledge of mainstream accounting applications including HFM and SAP, or the ability to learn these applications as it applies to extracting and utilizing data from these systems.
- Working knowledge of database and data analytical tools. This includes MS Access, SQL, Visual Basic, Oracle, Power Query, Power BI, Tableau, Alteryx and Advanced Excel Macros.
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to understand and articulate the data and technical requirements of Tax Professionals to IT partners
- Ability to learn quickly and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment with concurrent projects and initiatives
- Strong interpersonal skills including: Critical Thinking / Problem Solving, Communication, Positive attitude / Strong Work Ethic, Ability to collaborate and work as a team, Flexibility