Director Portfolio Optimization
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Job Title:Director, Portfolio Optimization
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
About Barclays US Consumer Bank (BCUSB)
Barclays US Consumer Bank is one of the fastest-growing top 10 credit card issuers and online banks in the United States. The bank creates customized, co-branded credit card programs for some of the country’s most successful travel, entertainment, retail and affinity institutions, and offers its own branded credit cards, online savings accounts and CDs, and personal loans. For more information, please visit BarclaysUS.com.
About BUSCB Customer Office
The Barclays US Consumer Bank Customer Office is accountable to drive long term customer satisfaction, outstanding communications and sustainable financial returns from the existing customer portfolio of one of the fastest growing Banks in the US. We do this by using a risk/reward based approach to ensure we are optimally meeting customer needs across the full lifecycle, providing a frictionless experience, and developing and delivering excellent communications to prospective and existing customers.
Overall Purpose of role
The Director of Portfolio Optimization accountable to drive programs resulting in $300MM of PBT annually within full operational control and credit risk parameters.
Your Role (Key Accountabilities)
The Portfolio Optimization Director’s role specific accountabilities include:
Strategy and Planning
- Own and lead the development of the strategy and medium term plan for pricing and fee strategies. Responsible for program performance, including financial and operational activities, risk profile (current and outlook) compared to approved Risk Appetite, and compliance with all laws and regulations
- Accountable for the execution of the agreed plan, ensuring appropriate strategy review mechanisms are in place to monitor progress against the business plan, with timely reporting of progress/risk/issues
- Partner with risk and operational teams to agree strategy and approach for high risk account management, collections and fraud, representing first line business needs and requirements.
Risk Management Framework (RMF)
- Ensure that an appropriate risk appetite and risk management framework underpins pricing, collections, high risk account management and fraud strategy
- Accountable for ensuring accurate, transparent and timely reporting on strategy, performance and risk profile is developed, reviewed and shared with the US Consumer Bank Executive team.
Leadership and Execution:
- Define and build team to achieve execution of the strategy and Medium-term plan in line with Barclays Purpose, Values, Code of Conduct and Risk Appetite
- Evolve operating model with cross functional partners within the US Consumer Bank and other areas of Barclays (including global Fraud and Collections teams and operations and technology
- Lead a strong Culture based on the Barclays Values as articulated in the Barclays Way and the tone from the top on how to “Live the Values”
- Embed a clearly articulated risk culture which reflects Barclays Purpose and Values
- Continue to embed a Conduct Risk culture* *
The successful candidate will have a significant amount of experience leading teams and demonstrated success to drive results and employee satisfaction, have led a function or business within a highly regulated industry, excellent internal and external communications skills and be able to function in a matrix environment.
- Significant experience with progressive levels of responsibility developing and executing programs to drive customer engagement within a highly regulated industry
- Demonstrated ability to build teams and hire and retain great people
- Experience in Collections, Fraud or Pricing in a lending business
- Proven ability to leverage analytics and data to drive results and planning
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Graduate/undergraduate degree highly preferred
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix environment across multiple geographies.
- Leadership experience in an analytical team
- Entrepreneurial – able to work with ambiguity, providing structure to unstructured situations.
- Operates well in a “roll up your sleeves” environment.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Title: Director Portfolio Optimization
Requisition ID: 90234341