Quality Control Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Denton, MD 21629
The Quality Control Technician works closely with the Production and Engineering Departments to ensure quality of all incoming materials and components, work in progress, and finished product. The Technician must be able to work independently in a fast paced production environment. They are responsible for checking physical attributes, verifying dimensions, performing various quality tests, using independent judgment, and clearly documenting specific findings.
• Verify quality of select shipments of incoming materials including castings, e-coated components, galvanized products, raw steel, hardware, lids, etc.
• Work as a team with the Production and Engineering Departments to resolve quality issues associated with raw materials
• Perform the quality inspection process of new part samples and compile a quality inspection report
• Inspect all product returns, analyze the defect, and document the findings
• Check dimensions and surface quality of random batches of steel parts
• Examine random welded frames for weld integrity and proper grinding
• Inspect randomly selected finished product thoroughly to ensure they meet all company quality standards
• Ensure terminal usage is accurate by inspecting select finished product and verifying the system is accurate
• Follow Quality Assurance Procedures (QAP’s) to ensure all quality measures are performed consistently and accurately
• Apply independent judgment to determine if a material or component does or does not meet quality standards
• Document and communicate quality control findings clearly to appropriate parties
• Perform other duties as assigned
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop, kneel, talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
• High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate) preferred
• 2-4 years quality control experience in a manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of training and experience
• Proficiency with MS Word
• Possess the ability to compile clear, accurate, and grammatically correct reports
*UniSite Design, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Please apply in person or online through our Career Center at:
1105 Park Lane
Denton MD 21629