Chemical Engineer - Subject Matter Expert (Solid-Liquid Sepa
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Chemours is seeking a Chemical Engineer to join our growing Technology team! This position will report directly to the Director of Engineering Technology in our Wilmington, DE location.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide engineering support in the design, construction, operation, troubleshooting, and optimization of solid/liquid separation operations across Chemours manufacturing sites. Technologies include filter systems (with and without filter aids) using pressure filters including filters presses, leaf, candle, and cartridge filters, vacuum filters, screening equipment, centrifuges, hydrocyclones, and flocculation and settling processes.
- Provide engineering support to R&D and process development groups developing new products/processes requiring filtration technologies.
- Maintain technical expertise and awareness of developing filtration technology through participation in industrial technical conferences and committees.
- Develop and deliver webinar training on solid/liquid separation technology to internal client groups.
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must possess/ the following:
- BS in Chemical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in solid/liquid separations technologies and their applications in the chemical process industry
- Travel : 30-40% international and domestic
- Demonstrated subject matter expertise in solid/liquid separations technologies and their applications in the chemical process industry
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to work well with all levels in the organization
- Self-motivation and ability to independently achieve results
- Ability to work in teams and work in a collaborative environment
- Flexibility to quickly respond to changing regulatory and competitive needs
- Good technical writing skills and good verbal communications skills
- Good problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills, leveraging technical background
The following skill sets are /preferred/, but not required for this position.
- Experience with supporting capital project front-end-loading and production design for chemical processes
- Experience with project economic evaluations – estimating and return on investment
- Bi-lingual in Spanish
- Competitive Compensation
- Comprehensive Benefits Packages
- 401(k) Match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
- Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a /“Great Place to Work-Certified Company”/ for 2018-2019 and a /“2018 Top Workplace”/ by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer/
/Chemours is an E-Verify employer/
/Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation/
/Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/