Java &/or .Net MangoDB/Casandra Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Kforce has a client that is building a new database platform for the future and is seeking an Object Oriented (Java &/or .Net) MangoDB/Casandra Engineer in Wilmington, Delaware (DE), Jacksonville, Florida (FL) and Tampa, Florida (FL).Overview:As an experienced Software Engineer, your mission is to help lead a team of Innovators and Technologists toward creating next-level solutions that improve the way our client’s business is run. Your deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming will help the team raise their game, meeting your standards, as well as satisfying both business and functional requirements. Your expertise in various technology domains will be counted on to set strategic direction and solve complex and mission critical problems, internally and externally. Your quest to embracing leading-edge technologies and methodologies inspires your team to follow suit. And best of all, you will be able to harness massive amounts of brainpower through our global network of technologists from around the world.Essential Duties Include:
- Designing of robust and scalable solutions to support Enterprise application
- Develop and support big data applications using Spark, Hadoop, MapReduce, MongoDB, Kafka, Casandra
- Provide second level support to fixes and solutions for issues in production
- Enhance and maintain applications and components for Liquidity and Core Banking functionalities
- Object Oriented Developer, Java &/or .Net only, who has spent a solid 2 years in the big data space and has experience with MongoDB/Kafka/Cassandra/Spark
- MongoDB, Kafka, Spark Engineer with data streaming experience, writing in Casandra to HBase, Hadoop, etc.
- Solid understanding of Oracle, PL/SQL data base
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design and business processes
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
- Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
- Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance, and software improvement
- Proficiency in Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, MongoDB, HBase, Hive and/or Kafka
- Skill set knowledge beyond core skill set is key – Big Data, “Data Lake”, Cloud, Microservice’s, etc.
- Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
- Ability to work collaboratively in teams and develop meaningful relationships to achieve common goals
- Agile is a plus, but personality is key in working in this environment – Quick, fast environment where everyone contributes to each task
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Compensation Type:Hours*Minimum Compensation:0.00Maximum Compensation:*0.00