RESIDENTIAL (CADC) SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR - SMY
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Smyrna, DE 19977
RESIDENTIAL (CADC) SUBSTANCE ABUSE COUNSELOR – SMYRNA, DE
Code and Title
3048 – COUNSELOR II DE – COMM
Joining the team at Gateway Foundation Alcohol & Drug Treatment offers valuable experience with a variety of treatment methods as well as an opportunity to collaborate with skilled experts about a diverse clientele. Gateway welcomes the challenge of constant improvement and is proud to uphold the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval. In addition to a competitive salary, Gateway offers employees health benefits, dental insurance, career advancement, training and development and on-site clinical supervision to individuals pursuing certifications and licensures.
Residential (CADC) Substance Abuse Counselors are responsible for:
- Completing comprehensive assessments of clients’ substance abuse history and treatment requirements and preparing individualized, developmentally appropriate treatment plans
- Providing individual and group counseling and educational programs in accordance with treatment plans
- Documenting treatment and discharge plans and clients’ progress and responses to treatment, as well as maintaining related records and charts
- Performing case management and contributing to client care monitoring
- Caseload typically includes some complex cases requiring more intensive services
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent education and life experience, with a minimum of 100 hours of documented clinical training in counseling theory and practice required
- Current certification as a substance abuse counselor (CADC) or higher licensure in state of Delaware required
- Minimum 2 years of previous experience in substance abuse or mental health counseling required
- Related work experience with an adult population and residential treatment setting required
- An understanding of ASAM criteria is preferred
- This is a full-time position working Tuesday – Saturday, daytime & evening shifts
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
Gateway Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race/Color/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Religion/National Origin/Disability/Vets