Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Millsboro, DE 19966
BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 16 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Slices, packages, weighs, and sells various deli products, including meats and cheeses. Maintains the presentation and cleanliness of the deli, including deli display cases. Provides assistance to Members in the deli department.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
• Provides a high level of customer service to Members. Answers questions and recommends deli items. Answers Member calls and takes special orders.
• Slices, packages, and weighs deli products, including cheeses and meats. Helps Members select the correct products. Samples product to assist in purchasing decisions. Prepares and packages special orders and party trays.
• Receives and inspects deli shipments. Displays, stocks, rotate, and stores deli products following food safety, food freshness, and product handling policies and procedures.
• Ensures that all products are fresh and meet company quality standards. Checks for out-of-date products daily and follows appropriate product salvage policies and procedures.
• Ensures deli cooler shelves and deli display cases have a wide variety of product. Stocks and rotates deli items when necessary.
• Operates and handles deli equipment in accordance with safety policies and procedures.
• Cleans and sanitizes deli equipment and food surfaces throughout the department, including rotisserie ovens, cooking utensils, refrigerated cases, and the deli cooler.
• Ensures scale systems are in working order. Makes sure items are weighed and priced accurately.
• Maintains all club policies and procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned, including assisting in other departments as needed.