Cook- PT, Benefits Eligible!
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Produce quality food for patients and café customers using Joint Commission, HACCP, and company guidelines, policies and recipes. Work with management to ensure smooth operation and quality control. Keep work area clean and organized, including kitchen, refrigerators, freezer, and storage areas. Handle and respond to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Thaws frozen products according to food safety guidelines.
- Follows company recipes to maintain consistency.
- Follows proper cooking and holding temperatures.
- Incorporates leftovers in an attractive and cost effective manner to reduce waste.
- Prepares all food to each recipe portions and weights.
- Follows verbal and written instructions from management when assigned.
- Supplies Café and tray line serving line foods in a timely manner.
- Prepares cook – to – order foods in a quick and efficient manner during service periods.
- Cooks foods in batches, to ensure quality food without running out of prescribed items.
- Keeps all foods fresh and attractive looking.
- Prepares special menu items in a timely manner.
- Assists Café workers on the serving line during meal periods.
Displays knowledge of kitchen equipment and its proper uses.
- Prepares adequate quantities of all food items.
- Checks freshness and quality of all food products and reports problems to a manager or supervisor.
- Performs all other routine duties necessary to ensure great customer relations and satisfied customers.
- Helps keep refrigerators clean, stocked and rotated.
Helps maintain walk-in cleanliness. Keeps kitchen area neat and organized and free of clutter.
- Maintains and cleans work area during shift. Keeps counters clean and free of spills.
- Completes assigned daily cleaning agendas before end of shift.
- Washes hands frequently, even when using gloves.
- Uses gloves and hair covering when serving and handling food, and changes gloves frequently.
- Understands and uses the ""First In First Out"" system of food rotation.
- Uses thermometer to check cooking and holding temperature of prepared food.
- Properly wraps and dates all unused foods.
Washes and sanitizes cutting boards between the preparation of different types of foods to prevent
- Prepares foods to specific diets for patient safety.
Job Number: 00142848
Location: Wilmington, DE
Organization Name: St. Francis Healthcare
Facility: SFDE – St. Francis Healthcare Service
Employment Type: Part time
Shift: Day Shift