Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Responsible for preparing and/or coordinating the preparation of full estimates on large and complex projects and to provide complete conceptual and total bid price.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• A minimum of eight years of commercial/industrial/residential experience and/or training.
• Knowledge of codes.
• Knowledge of systems (i.e. fire alarm, security, etc)
• Must be able to meet deadlines.
• Ability to create conceptual estimates based on budgetary proposals and expectations.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentage.
• Knowledge of construction/safety practices.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Establish and develops relationships with clients, potential customers, and vendors
• Review bid notices, requests and advertisements with the estimating team to make informed decisions on the best opportunities for the Company.
• Attend pre-bid meetings, walk-throughs, and field surveys.
• Ensure timely completion of estimates by understanding the proper bid date and time and the correct delivery method/location for bids.
• Review construction documents and understand scope of work in order to execute take-offs. Inputs take-offs in computer spreadsheet and On Screen Take-Off (OST) program.
• Compose scope letters, review estimates and revisions for completeness and accuracy prior to delivery of bid.
• Disburses bid documents and obtain pricing for materials from vendors/subcontractors.
• Prepare cost analysis for material, labor, equipment, subcontractor and overhead installation costs.
• Review contracts and/or purchase orders for accuracy and to ensure documentation matches estimate (scope, dollar amount, schedule, referenced available documents and issue dates).
• Inform Chief Estimator of any observed inaccuracies or omissions in quoted items or computer database
• Schedule project turn over meetings, 24 hour bid review meetings, and pre-estimate meetings.
• Assist project manager with job set up and pre-con form.
• Develop and maintain resource information on products, vendors, subcontractors, government requirements, etc.
• Attend departmental meetings.
• Seek out and attend educational opportunities (quarterly/monthly).
• Attend events and after work networking functions (quarterly/monthly).
• Determine all bidders and competition for the project
• Identify any special safety considerations on the project and incorporate into the proposal.
• Notify operations, in a timely manner, when a project manager/foreman must be submitted on a bid form.
• Identify cost impact items required for the project (i.e. liquidated damages, P & P bod, extra insurance requirements, etc.)
• Maintain communication with operations to ensure proper manpower if awarded the project.
• Responsible for managing and training the development of Junior Estimators.