Outside Sales Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19809
Cummins-Wagner Company, Inc., a 100% employee-owned Company, is seeking a Sales Engineer for our expanding market in Philadelphia, PA. Cummins-Wagner Company, Inc. is a leader in the distribution of industrial and mechanical equipment. We specialize in the sale and service of pumps, heat exchangers, boilers, water heaters, cooling towers and air compressors. As an employee-owned company, there is a unique opportunity for growth in a team environment.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE:
This position involves calling on a variety of different entities (i.e. universities, industrial accounts, engineering firms, etc.) that influence the specification and purchase of products marketed by Cummins-Wagner.
The candidate will work cooperatively with other team members to gain preferred status within key accounts to drive specifications toward Cummins-Wagner products.
Specific roles and responsibilities of Sales Engineer include:
- Establish & maintain public database of key personnel at all accounts.
- Conduct regular product training sessions with various influencers. Post to Training Calendar.
- Keep engineering department informed of upcoming projects at target accounts.
- Act as liaison between owners and other Cummins-Wagner customers.
- Placement of Cummins-Wagner literature within all accounts.
- Coordinate with various vendors when planning factory tours.
- Assist sales management in tracking job quotes.
- Establish regular call plan that maximizes use of time.
- Submit call reports weekly, following same schedule as expense reporting. Include objective & results of each call.
- Ride along with other branch salesmen to meet some key accounts.
- Work with various manufacturers and branch Sales Manager to promote new product introductions.
- Travel with manufacturers to various customers when they might be in town.
- Attend factory training and / or marketing meetings as directed.
- Participate in various Trade Associations and assist with trade shows as required.
- Assist with troubleshooting problem jobs.
SKILLS and QUALIFICATIONS:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree or similar
- Strong problem-solving capabilities
- Customer-service driven with attention to details
- Self-starter who can work independently with a minimum of guidance
- Outstanding communication & excellent customer relationship skills
- Must be a team player and able to function as a contributing member of the sales team
- Superior analytical & organizational skills
- Must have active driver’s license
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP);
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans;
- Life Insurance, Accidental Dismemberment, Short Term and Long Term Disability;
- 401k Plan;
Paid Time Off and Holidays.
Cummins-Wagner is a 100% Employee Owned Company. To learn more about the company and becoming an employee owner, please visit our company’s website at www.cummins-wagner.com.
Cummins-Wagner Co. Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.