Medical Director Cancer Genetics
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Christiana Care Health System (CCHS) is looking to hire a BC/BE fellowship trained Medical Director of Cancer Genetics to join our Center of Medical Genomics.
The successful candidate will have completed Residency in either: Internal Medicine, Pediatrics or Maternal Fetal Medicine as well as a Fellowship in Genetics. The Center for Medical Genomics is targeting a clinical specialist for this role as the newly created, employed position revolves around evidence base medicine.
This Director level position is open due to organizational growth and development. Offering an exceptional work / life balance with an 8am-4:30pm five day work week; seeing 7-12 patients per week.
- Join an exceptional 15 person team comprised of genetic counselors, genetic assistants, residents, graduate students amongst other colleagues.
- Administer genetic services and in-patient consults for the NICU, PICU and adults.
- Partner with Neurology in regards to neurology patients for consulting services for exomes.
- Lab utilization.
- Act as a strategic decision maker with regards to population health initiatives.
- Advise leadership on the strength of the current projects surrounding medical genomics and identify improvement initiatives and advancement opportunities.
- Partner with organizational decision makers on the development of strategic plans and newly developing ingenuities.
- Explore new technologies to ascertain clinical utility.
- Lucrative salary offered with aggressive bonuses and comprehensive benefits package.
- Teach/mentor CCHS residents and genetic masters students.
- Academic interest welcomed, but not required.
Working for Christiana Care Health System you will be part of one of the country’s largest health care providers. CCHS is comprised of two hospitals and the Helen F. Graham Cancer Center and Research Institution totaling around 12,000 employees. An academic, not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care is a regional center of excellence in cancer, cardiology and women’s health services.
Due to its central location, working at Christiana Care and its Center of Medical Genomics in Newark, DE offers opportunities to live in urban, suburban, or rural environments with numerous housing options in Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Maryland while still making for a reasonable commute.
The area features excellent restaurants and entertainment venues, quality public and private schools and is a short driving distance to popular Delaware and New Jersey beach resorts, the Chesapeake Bay and Pocono mountains. With access to I-95 and Amtrak, you can also access Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, DC, or New York City.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.