Practice Supervisor - Primary Care (Wilmington)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19808
To assist the Practice Manager with primary responsibility for the daily operation of the office, ensuring adequate staffing, supplies, and patient flow resulting in excellence service to our patients. To provide supervision of the non-exempt office staff.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate daily services and program delivery of the practice site location
- Lead and supervise daily functioning of practice location and staff, including staff performance to expectations and counseling as appropriate
- Coordinate office staff schedule, tracking staff time and attendance
- Ensure staff is providing immediate service recovery, intervening as necessary
- In coordination with practice manager, create conditions to provide for staff engagement, including staff developmental goals and programs
- Participates in staff recruitment, selection, and hiring processes, with lead responsibility for staff orientation
- Provides staff with ongoing training and development as required
- Supervise daily practice and individual clinician scheduling, billing, and productivity ensuring daily prior authorization and referral management
- Provides guidance to staff regarding insurance requirements and changes
- Lead expertise on office scheduling and billing (front and back office), providing front office functions as needed (coordinate patient flow, register/check-in patients, answer phones, work desktops, schedule appointments, collect fees, etc) while modeling service excellence
- Ensure that staff optimize clinician templates and schedules to maximize patient access and care delivery
- Ensure that any patient/family billing questions are addressed by staff appropriately intervening as necessary
- Serve as information/communication liaison between office staff and practice manager/supervisor, conducting regular staff meetings and utilizing numerous other forms of effective two-way communication
- Lead site improvement initiatives as directed by practice manager
- Accountability for petty cash process and auditing
- Provide site location medical and supply inventory control; supply request to Practice Manager
- Monitors practice budget and expenses including CME accounts in collaboration with the Practice Manager
- Provide site facility management and liaison to Practice Manager
- Coordinate on-site IT support
- Conduct patient safety and regulatory readiness audits per guidelines established by the Practice Manager; Safety first learning reporting per guidelines.
- Demonstrates compliance with Christiana Care Health Services center and departmental policies and procedures and mandatory education requirements including but not limited to safety, infection control, attendance and dress code
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices; reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors.
- Performs other related duties as required.
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Daily contact with patients, family members, coworkers, medical and dental staff, volunteers, and students. Contact with community agencies, other hospitals, and the general public.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Non-exempt office staff
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High school graduate or equivalent; Certificate Program or Associates Degree preferred
Minimum 5 years office practice experience; supervisory skills preferred
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.