Enterprise Capital Engineering & Design Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Capital Engineering and Design Manager
Chemours is seeking a Capital Engineering and Design Manager to join our growing Enterprise Capital team! This position will report directly to the Enterprise Engineering Director in our Wilmington, DE location.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide direct supervision of the Enterprise Capital Engineering Team’s engineers and designers
- Collaborate with the Engineering Projects Director and Project Managers to assign resources to Enterprise capital projects
- Collaborate with Engineering Technology to develop and maintain design criteria, specs, practices, and standards
- Engage engineering leadership in identifying Enterprise Engineering’s engineer and designer staffing needs, and lead the hiring process for acquiring the necessary resources to execute the forecasted workload of Enterprise projects
- Develop training curriculum and development plans for capital project engineers and designers
- Coach and train engineering and design resources across enterprise
- Provide quality assurance and performance transparency of work processes and deliverables, including metrics on engineering suppliers
- Manage, research, develop and implement engineering design best practices across the enterprise
In order to be qualified for this role, you /must/ possess the following:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any Engineering discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of direct report supervisory experience over engineers and designers
- Broad experience working with engineering/design contractors
- Experience leading/managing capital projects
- Knowledge of smart engineering and design tools
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent team-building capabilities
- Fluent use of Microsoft Office
The following skill sets are /preferred/ by the business unit:
- Experience in field construction or contract management
- Experience working in a chemical plant environment
• Competitive Compensation
• Comprehensive Benefits Packages
• 401(k) Match
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Commuter Benefits
• Learning & Development opportunities
• Strong Inclusion & Diversity initiatives
• Company-paid volunteer days
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY
We are on a journey to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry. We’ve completed our transformation and now we’re earning our way to growth by advancing higher value chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch-in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications.
The “ours” in Chemours is for all of us who work here. We’re working together to improve people’s lives the world over.
Our culture is built upon our values: Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Unshakable Integrity, Safety Obsession, and Collective Entrepreneurship.
We’re honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2018-2019 and a “2018 Top Workplace” by Delaware News Journal.
WHAT SETS US APART
Chemours has the heart and energy of a startup, while being built upon a 200-year old legacy and a world-class product portfolio. A startup with a head start. This mentality drives both our strategy and employees. We believe a thriving workforce culture is essential to our success. We’re earning our way to growth by unleashing the power of our talented, experienced, and passionate employees.
/Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Immigration sponsorship (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) is not currently available for this position/