Radiologic Technologist RT, X-Ray Tech)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19901
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST (RT, X-RAY TECH)
Dover, DE (15 S Dupont Highway)
Healthcare – RT/MA
General Position Description:
The Radiologic Technologist (X-Ray Technologist, X-Ray Tech) is responsible for performing all Radiology services and other clinical duties. In addition, ensuring the well-being of patients and for providing positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff while working in conjunction with physicians, advanced practitioners, front office and clinical staff.
MedExpress Core Responsibilities:
- Has a contagious and positive work ethic, inspires others, and models the behaviors of Genuine, Caring and Friendly.
- Demonstrates effective verbal and written communication that is clear, well-organized and demonstrates an understanding of audience needs.
- Utilizes genuine and positive communication to, make each customer feel informed, understood, and special.
- An effective team member who contributes valuable ideas and feedback and can be counted on to meet commitments.
- Is able to keep up in the MedExpress environment by facing tasks and challenges with energy and passion.
- Pursue activities with focus and drive, defines work in terms of success, and can be counted on to complete goals.
- Adherence to standards of business conduct and compliance.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clinical duties are performed in accordance with the ‘Clinical Functions by Position’ State document and according to onsite Provider direction and supervision.
- Perform accurate x-rays as ordered by the Provider while practicing radiation safety precautions to include ALARA.
- Prepare and transmit images to the Radiologist for over-read, and report over-read results to providers.
- Retrieve and archive Radiographic Reports.
- Create/Burn CD’s in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
- At the direction of the Provider, completes orders per clinical functions by position. (State applicable)
- Perform detailed and accurate data collection during clinical intake of patients to include taking and recording vital signs and patient history.
- Assist patients as needed with walking, transfer, specimen collection, exam prep, etc.
- Complete occupational health testing including such services as urine drug screens, breath alcohol testing, hair testing and physicals.
- Apply the use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Ensure the well-being of patients and for providing a positive, supportive environment for patients and other staff.
- Complete patient referrals daily.
- Proper, concise and complete EMR documentation and paper based documentation for all assessments and procedures.
- Comply with and follow policies and procedures as outlined by MedExpress.
- Maintains HIPAA at all times.
- Other duties as assigned such as new models of care and new types of procedures, etc.
Learning and Ongoing Education:
- Obtain and maintain certification to perform DOT UDS, BAT, hair testing, and other occupational health services as assigned.
- Maintain clinical skills and competency for all procedures.
Employer’s Job# 2485014
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.