Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
AAA Club Alliance is hiring a Systems Analyst to join our dynamic IT team. This person will serve as the primary ACA point of contact for designated Business Applications and the primary liaison between business stakeholders, IT technical teams and vendors, leads and executes the technical roadmaps for the applications, and collaborates with business product owners and vendors on functional roadmaps and leads associated application upgrades.
The primary duties of the System Analyst are:
- Serves as primary point of contact for designated system(s) with system(s) vendors as applicable. Acts as primary liaison between vendor(s), system administrator(s) and key operator(s) to ensure effective delivery requested updates and future development needs. Assists in determining future hardware and software requirements for the brand, as well as obtain relevant pricing from vendor products and services.
- Leads the development of application roadmaps in collaboration with business product owners, vendors and IT SMEs. Owns the technical roadmaps to ensure the applications are staying current on underlying technology platforms and their versions.
- Translates application roadmaps and business priorities into tactical application release plans and executes those releases/upgrades in accordance with ACA IT work prioritization, resource planning project management frameworks.
- Acts as Solution Architect on application projects, translates business and technical requirements into solution designs in collaboration with project stakeholders (business SMEs, internal IT SMEs, vendor technical resources). Leverages tools such as context diagrams, state diagrams, data models and technical deployment diagrams to document solution scope and designs. Assists the project team members in delivering the solution in accordance with IT standards and ensures the solution can meet business needs.
- Serves as a top-tier application support escalation point to the business stakeholders and IT management in accordance with the System Support Structure. Assumes ownership of, and tracks key support issues; spearheads issue resolution with internal ACA resources and/or vendor resources as appropriate.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with all departments and levels of management within the company to provide a proper environment for supporting existing systems. Consults with other members of IT to identify the impact of ancillary changes in the IT landscape and mitigate systems risks. Tests and approves changes as they relate to their systems, coordinates appropriate time for least impact on the business and ensures proper communication has been released prior to change. Initiates and executes change management as needed
- Leads Incident Response Plans, and performs root cause analysis of support issues to assess trends and opportunities for solution and process improvements.
- Maintains assigned applications’ PCI compliance, including relevant documentation, testing and validation of review findings with internal and external audit organizations. Responsible for any corrective actions taken.
- Maintains institutional knowledge of the business application(s) and corresponding data. Develops and maintains best practices for supporting applications, and looks for ways to optimize IT processes for continuous improvement. Mentors and trains less experienced analysts and developers in supporting the application(s) and in leveraging those best practices.
- Assists Business product owners and IT teams in developing business cases and project cost & effort estimates for new projects during annual planning/as needed. Works with Business Relationship Management and Enterprise Architecture teams to proactively identify solutions that may be adjacent to the applications they support.
- Establishes and maintains IT operating procedures for the applications, including systems monitoring and alerts.
- Document business needs; identify gaps between business needs and standard application functionality; design and document solutions that fill the gaps; and provide detailed business requirements specifications
- Perform role of business analyst on projects to capture detailed business and technical requirements and ensures technology changes are appropriately introduced into production with the customer in mind.
- Assure the seamless integration with various applications such as AAA Membership, Insurance, Travel, etc.
- Perform application configuration and customization of system including testing and evaluation to ensure quality and consistency
- Determine, implement, and evaluate business metrics to meet ongoing organizational or customer information needs
- Analyze and report on complex data to meet customer needs
- Review data quality / conduct regular data audits
- Generate and review BI reports
- Coordinate with support on service requests, change requests and incidents
- Be the steward of customer data and ensure data accuracy and integrity
- Perform and/or provide oversight on mass data uploads into system
- Pull data from the database to address business inquiries
- Communicate and educate internal stakeholders about targeted lists and how it appears in the system
- Support, analyze, and resolve critical production application issues as required.
- Working with software vendor, be involved in developing best practices to ensure data quality
- Participate in release demos and testing activities for software releases
- Lead small and mid-size projects from inception through implementation following SDLC and project management best practices
- Bachelor degree (BA/BS) or equivalent in Computer Sciences, Business Administration, or related field; Plus 10+ years of experience in IT with 5+ years in application development, delivery and support.
- Ability to interact and build effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to contribute to and foster a team player culture where all are encouraged and willing to share information accurately.
- Experience gathering and consolidating requirements from cross-functional groups
- Must possess strong analytical and investigative skills, excellent interpersonal communication skills with the ability to write technical reports understandable to non-IT staff.
- Ability to work independently with limited or no supervision.
- Significant experience in managing highly scalable applications on application server platforms such as JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Experience with multi-system architectures, system redundancy design and implementations is a plus.
- Must be proficient in Oracle and/or SQL Server DBMS technologies.
- Working knowledge of virtualization platforms such as MS Hyper-V or VMWare and Linux OS is a plus.
- Knowledge of cloud based solutions is a plus.
- Superb verbal and written communication as well as listening skills. Candidate should be able to communicate well with project managers and stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies is preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and meet constantly changing timelines
Why Join Us?
AAA is a great place to work. We provide a stable working environment with challenging and exciting career opportunities. To the qualified candidate, we offer:
- A competitive salary, dependent on experience
- Annual Bonus Eligibility
- Comprehensive benefit package including, but not limited to: 3+ weeks of Paid Time Off during the first year, 401k plan with employer match up to 7%, Health & Life Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, and a complimentary AAA Premier Membership.
Keywords: Systems Analyst, Technical Analyst, BusinessApplications, Application Upgrades, AAA Jobs, IT Jobs, NJ IT Jobs, DE IT Jobs, Oracle, SQL, Agile Methodologies, Application Architect, Business Relations, Informati