Medical Assistant - Medical Aid Units Multiple Loc
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
Christiana Care is looking for dedicated, caring and compassionate Medical Assistants for our Medical Aid Units in several locations. The MAU operates 7 days a week and on holidays between the hours of 8am – 8pm. All staff work schedules consist of weekends on a rotating basis and include evenings.
The Locations are:
Responsible to assist providers with the examination and treatment of patients. To deliver quality patient care and to perform other clinical and clerical duties within the MAU.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Takes and records patients vital signs and intake form
- Assists providers in examinations or procedures
- Prepares patient chart
- Administers injections and medication within the MA scope as prescribed and directed by the provider.
- Performs EKG’s
- Performs point of care testing (POCT) as directed by the provider
- Performs quality control on all POCT equipment
- Record point of care results in EMR
- Prepare/stock exam rooms with necessary supplies and equipment
- Performs patient call backs relaying information under the direction of a provider
- Answers telephone messages under the direction of the provider
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental safety rules and practices. Reports to Clinical Practice Coordinator, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards, or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors
- Performs other related duties as required
SCOPE, PURPOSE, AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
Daily contact with patients, providers, patient’s family members and other members of the medical and front office staff. Also interacts with outside medical offices, diagnostic centers.
DIRECTION/SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
Clinical Practice Coordinator
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
High School Graduate or Equivalent
A graduate of a recognized Medical Office Assistant Program or hold current Medical Assistant Certification by a national organization accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
MA Certification required within one year of hire.
BLS certification required
2 years’ experience as a Medical Assistant, is preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge to take and record vital signs
Ability to assist providers with examinations and procedures
Knowledge of medical terminology
Knowledge of and compliance to Christiana Care and departmental policies, procedures and guidelines
Knowledge of computerized based medical information documentation systems
Knowledge & experience in clinical patient care in the outpatient setting
Ability to provide excellent customer service including providing timely resolution to requests from patients, employees, outside agencies and vendors
Ability to administer medications within the MA scope to all age groups
Ability to organize and complete various tasks simultaneously
Ability to demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and be flexible during the daily work routine
Ability to make decisions using sound judgment
Ability to maintain confidentiality
Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
Knowledge of computer software
Knowledge of EMR systems and practices
Medical Assistant certification by a national organization accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA) or the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) required within one year of hire.
Standing, sitting, walking, bending, reaching, and lifting.
Pleasant office environment
Exposure to medication and hazardous waste
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.