Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Our Consumer & Community Banking Group depends on innovators like you to serve nearly 66 million consumers and over 4 million small businesses, municipalities and non-profits. You’ll support the delivery of award winning tools and services that cover everything from personal and small business banking as well as lending, mortgages, credit cards, payments, auto finance and investment advice. This group is also focused on developing and delivering cutting edged mobile applications, digital experiences and next generation banking technology solutions to better serve our clients and customers.
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Scrum Master who is excited to help lead teams through change. Mastery and passion around servant leadership, and helping teams become self-organizing and self-sufficient will be a key element in this role. Agile Coaching knowledge and implementation of coaching practices are essential for this individual to possess. In this role, you will be coaching development teams to help them maximize their potential both at the team level, as well as individually.
As a Scrum Master at JPMC, you will be critical part in helping build high performing Agile sprint teams, focusing on continuous improvement and delivering value to the customer, along with removing barriers that may be slowing the team down.
Also, you will be assisting in driving the broader Agile transformation and leading positive change! This requires big thinkers who bring insight, past experiences, knowledge, technical acumen and passion for innovation.
· Play a key leadership role in the delivery of complex technology and business solutions
· Champion and embody the Scrum way-of-life across the development teams
· Encourage and support iterative and collaborative development – favoring people over process.
· Create a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
· Leverage skills in project management, client management and team leadership to manage multi-track and globally distributed projects delivering competitive advantage for our clients.
· Help shape the process and transform the organization’s delivery methodology.
· Helps the team remove barriers that slow them down to maximize delivery flow.
· Own, advocate, and teach Agile (scrum) processes, ensuring that the team is always following the framework and looking for opportunities to continuously improve
· Organize and facilitate sprint planning, daily scrum meetings, retrospectives, release planning, demos, and other related meetings
· Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
· Manage integrated, multi-track projects and/or programs of multiple projects.
· Support the Product Owner and Team Lead through maintaining data in the appropriate Agile toolset, by providing transparency to the Product Roadmap and related project priorities.
· Establish processes to manage scope, risk and issues within and across multiple projects.
· Fosters open communication and transparency through building trust within teams and across its members.
· Drive knowledge sharing and learning from project experiences.
· Manage relationships with other component or horizontal teams as necessary for successful product / sprint release in a distributed environment.
· Facilitate valuable Retrospective meetings at the end of each sprint ~ ensure the highest priority retrospective action items are owned and completed within the identified timeframe.
· Create visibility to ‘what’ and ‘how’ teams are performing through valuable team metrics.
· Highly collaborative, excellent interpersonal skills and able to work with diverse personality types
· Continuous coaching of the team and stakeholders around the team to realize their highest potential.
· Management of sprint team data using JIRA.
· Excellent communication and facilitation skills
· Ability to influence at all levels without straight line authority
· Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing, fluid and dynamic environment
· Ability to effectively manage multiple initiatives and engender calm in the face of chaos
· Facilitate product backlog maintenance, release and sprint planning, story writing and backlog prioritization.
· Motivate and enable the delivery teams to be self-organized and make them feel like awesome team members
This role requires a variety of strengths and capabilities including:
· Certified Scrum Master
· 3-5 years of Scrum Master experience with in-depth knowledge of Scrum and implementation of Agile Methodologies to multiple teams in large-scale enterprise change projects & programs. .
· 7-10 years of solid experience in Project Management
· Expertise in Scrum including the value and principles, and how they are applied in enterprise environments
· Expertise in one or more other agile methodologies (Lean, Kanban, XP, TDD, CI) and how they can be applied in a product development / program delivery environment.
· Familiarity with modern software engineering techniques such as Continuous integration, build, deliver, test-driven development and other automated acceptance testing techniques
· Ability to shape strong presentations and narratives that influence and commit people to change.
· Have experience in a full software development lifecycle and SOA environment, with exposure to a wide array of technologies, including development languages and testing tools
· Ability to effectively coach multiple teams with varying degree of complexity and time lines.
· Bachelor’s degree or combination of relevant education and experience
Desirable skills and experience:
· Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) highly preferred
· Active participant and / or member of Agile communities to share in ‘Best Practices’ and lessons learned
· Project Management Professional (PMP)
· Knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or Six Sigma certification.
· Well versed in Enterprise Architecture and Service Orientated Architecture (SOA).
· Experience of standard process implementations (ISO, SOX, ITIL etc).
· Offshore and SLA management knowledge.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you’re not just working at a global financial institution. You’re an integral part of one of the world’s biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology en