Project Engineer (Commercial Construction)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
About Your Opportunity
As a Project Engineer, you will be supporting the Project Team(s). This role provides the foundation for a career in construction and is often a role that develops into Project Management and other Leadership Roles in the industry.
You will provide critical support to ensure that the construction project(s) run on time and resolving site issues promptly. You will also ensure subcontractor schedules are in sync, complete change orders, and document RFI’s. This position reports directly to the Project Manager and Superintendent.
How You’ll Contribute
• Collect, review and process Submittal and RFI project documentation and distribute to appropriate partners
• You will compose or transcribe meeting minutes, interoffice memos, and format correspondence to clients, vendors, subcontractors, government agencies, and other partners.
• Coordinate and monitor the bid package process and quotes to ensure quote coverage.
• You will help with the preparation, distribution, and monitoring of project billings (draws) through to completion.
• You will help with the preparation, distribution, and monitoring of project billings (draws) through to completion
• Activate and maintain accurate project files including logs for AIA change orders, pending change orders, permits, submittals, RFI’s, etc.
• You will assist the Project Manager to develop, monitoring, and updating the project schedule and managing the project
• Attend project meetings
• Maintain close-out documents for project completion (i.e., O & M manuals.)
• Ensure Safety is never compromised; communicate the project safety program and participate in conducting safety inspections
• BS degree in Construction Technology, Engineering or other related disciplines, or related experience in the construction industry.
• Familiarity with Primavera Scheduling, SureTrak, MS Project, Timberline, Asta Powerproject, and CMiC is a plus.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Software Systems, Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
In a normal day, the employee must be able to sit and walk for 7+ hours and stand for 4-6 hours. In a normal day, the employee must be able to drive 1-4 hours. Employee must be able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs. maximum; frequently lift/carry up to 25 lbs. The employee must be able to use his/her
upper extremities for repetitive simple grasping, pushing/pulling, and fine manipulation. In this position, employee occasionally (0-33%) climb (including ladders, kneel, and/or crawl. In this position, employee frequently (34-66%) squat at knees, reach above shoulders and use feet (foot controls). In this position, employee continuously (67-100%) bend at waist, and work at heights above 6 feet.
Wohlsen Construction provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Medical and Prescription Plans, Dental and Vision, Paid Time Off/Holiday, 401(k) Plan/Profit Sharing, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and More.
External Company Name: Wohlsen Construction Company
External Company URL: http://www.wohlsenconstruction.com/
Post End Date: 4/30/2020