Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19713
The mission of Resources for Human Development (RHD) is to provide caring, effective and innovative services that empower people of all abilities as they build better lives for themselves, their families and their communities. RHD s multi-faceted programs serve people with a variety of challenges that include intellectual and developmental disabilities, mental illness, substance abuse and homelessness.
Montrose Drive is part of RHD Delaware Group Homes that provides 24/7 assistance for adults with chronic mental health diagnoses. Compassionate care and outstanding services to the residents are core values of this program.
The program is looking for part-time and on call Registered Nurses.
Collaborate with Unit Director, Assistant Director, Nursing Supervisor in assuring that program is compliant with all LLAM regulations, DSAMH regulations, CARF standards, and Long Term Care regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide LLAM training (one LLAM registered as a trainer) to all new staff
2. Maintain appropriate standards and documentation regarding medication storage, controlled substances and medication errors
3. Review MAR s weekly for completeness, compliance and possible errors; record changesin MARs
4. Communicate any and all problems regarding medication (including documentation) to the supervising nurse immediately.
5. Collaborate with treatment team in supporting physical and mental health of Residents
o Attend weekly treatment team meetings with resident and team
o Review labs/notes as need to assure appropriate follow up on health issues
o Work individually with residents as needed to address particular health needs (i.e. diabetes, dietary challenges)
o Attend medical appointments with clients as needed or as requested to provide assistance and support
6. Ongoing Education
o Provide staff and residents with instruction on specific health topics on an as needed or as requested basis.
7. Community Liaison
o Communicate with pharmacy on an ongoing basis to assure residents have appropriate medications throughout the month
o Communicate with medical personnel in the community to advocate for consumers health care needs and to provide follow up as needed.
8. Emergency Assistance
o Provide assistance to staff and residents in emergency situations
9. Will provide care to consumers in a manner that reflects RHD Values
10. Additional Responsibilities as assigned
Looking to fill on-call and part-time shifts. Part-time shifts: Monday-Tuesday, 8 am – 4 pm; Saturday-Sunday, 8 am – 4 pm.
- Minimum education: Associates Degree
- Must be a Licensed Registered Nurse with at least 2 years of experience
- Valid Driver’s License required
- /Resources for Human Development is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, and veteran or disability status./*