FEMA - Project Delivery Manager (PDMG) (Nationwide Openings)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19725
- Reviews applicant data to provide FEMA recommendations for eligibility and priority of assignments to include but not limited to: reviews information gathered during the Preliminary Damage Assessment (PDA) for assigned applicants, conducts exploratory calls to gather information from applicants, and understands each applicants’ projects and recovery priorities.
- Serves as a liaison for the applicant about their status within the process by facilitating regular meetings, tracking and following up with the applicants on FEMA’s requests.
- Coordinates transmittal of documents through FEMA’s Consolidated Resource Centers utilizing a web-based tool, scheduling site inspections with the applicants and Site Inspector Task Force Leader and identifying when technical expertise may be needed throughout the program delivery process.
- Oversees the claims process by reviewing and validating damage details, scopes of work, and costs with the applicant.
- Participates in regular FEMA meetings by providing updates on work status, evaluates claims, makes recommendations to FEMA as to whether the claim is eligible and resolves eligibility issues.
- Oversees close out by assisting with the development of the Determination Memo and communicating final determinations to the applicants.
- Conducts an exit briefing with the applicant.
- Performs other duties as required.
FEMA – Project Delivery Manager (PDMG) (Nationwide Openings)
WAF Field Mod Fringe
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- 5 years of in-field experience (2 years of in-field experience with a bachelor’s degree).
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Domestic travel is required.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle. CDM Smith is a major partner to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), supporting its mission under various prime and/or sub-prime contracts for Public Assistance, Individual Assistance, Hazard Mitigation Assistance, and Risk Analysis. The Public Assistance program supports recovery operations primarily for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, replacement or restoration of disaster-damaged, publicly-owned facilities, such as: roads, bridges, municipal buildings, police and fire stations, water/wastewater treatment plants, etc., including Private Non-Profit facilities such as hospitals.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass an FBI background check.
- Driving may be required depending on location of disaster and role.
- Demonstrates good organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Good attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and remain flexible.