Research Technician I, College of Engineering, Center for Composite Materials
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 493914
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Engineering
CONTEXT OF THE JOB:
Under general supervision, the Research Technician I will perform technical laboratory duties following standard operating procedures with the principal emphasis on performing manufacturing operations. Clear thinking and sound judgment are required to perform independent tasks.
• Run manufacturing equipment under guidance of Research Technician II.
• Record manufacturing process and test data according to written instructions.
• Provide input into the development and execution of composite manufacturing procedures and process documents.
• Other tasks include tool preparation, fabric cutting, layup, vacuum bagging, resin mixing, infusion, and post-molding operations.
• Prepare composite samples per test instructions for mechanical testing (including machining, end-tabbing, and strain-gaging).
• Perform mechanical testing of composite coupons, subcomponents, and full-scale structures.
• Maintain manufacturing and testing equipment. Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED with two years of related technical training or hands-on manufacturing experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Experience in composites industry preferred. Perform all duties with high attention to detail and quality, and an emphasis on safety. Ability to use hand tools and woodworking tools.
• Understand and follow oral and written technical instructions.
• Perform independent tasks as well as contribute to team efforts.
• Ability to be trained in and use standard personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, respirators, etc.
• Basic computer skills with MS Office applications including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with machine shop tools (mill, lathe) is a plus. Occupational
• Frequently required to use personal protective equipment (including safety glasses, gloves, and respirator) to prevent exposure to hazardous materials.
• Special Requirements:
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Requires dexterity in handling delicate and hazardous materials and the ability to accurately discern colors and measure laboratory materials.
• Requires a valid vehicle operator’s license.
• Employment is dependent upon passing a University-specified medical evaluation related to the use of respiratory protection equipment.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/s3dhs9ntjw3fkxpv