Carpenter / Roofer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19806
Carpenter / Roofer – Job Summary:
Be able to work a flexible schedule to install roofs of structures with shingles, slate, asphalt, aluminum, wood, or related materials. May spray roofs, sidings, and walls with material to bind, seal, insulate, or soundproof sections of structures. Reports to and receives assignments, instructions, and direction from the Supervisor. Knowledge of residential and commercial construction along with remodeling trades, practices, procedures, techniques, tools and equipment, and materials.
- Experience as a Carpenter or Journeyman Carpenter with roofing experience
- Inspect problem roofs to determine the best repair procedures.
+ Ability to erect scaffolding to provide safe access to roofs.
+ Cement or nail flashing strips of metal or shingle over joints to make them watertight.
+ Apply adhesives to construction materials.
+ Install partially overlapping layers of material over roof insulation surfaces, using chalk lines, gauges on shingling hatchets, or lines on shingles.
+ Cut felt, shingles, or strips of flashing to fit angles formed by walls, vents, or intersecting roof surfaces.
+ Apply plastic coatings, membranes, fiberglass, or felt over sloped roofs before applying shingles.
+ Install, repair, or replace single-ply roofing systems, using waterproof sheet materials such as modified plastics, elastomeric, or other asphaltic compositions.
+ Waterproof or damp-proof walls, floors, roofs, foundations, or basements by painting or spraying surfaces with waterproof coatings or by attaching waterproofing membranes to surfaces.
+ Install roofing materials such as vapor barriers or layers of insulation on flat roofs.
- Proficient at the following tasks: stain-grade trim work, hang doors, drill and set door hardware, set windows, layout for stairs and common rafters, utilize appropriate math skills.
- Work with materials such as wood, plastic, fiberglass, and drywall.
- Utilize chisels, planes, saws, drills, and, sanders, to repair and erect structures.
- Join materials with nails, screws, staples, or adhesives.
- Proficient experience in installation of wood and metal stud wall framing.
- Install cabinets and molding, and, finish trim.
- Replace panes of glass, ceiling tiles, and doors.
Primary Location: US-US-DE-Wilmington
Req ID: 1081213