IT Systems Support Consultant, IT Client Support & Services
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newark, DE 19716
University of Delaware
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
The University of Delaware is an Equal Opportunity Employer which encourages applications from Minority Group Members, Women, Individuals with Disabilities and Veterans. The University’s Notice of Non-Discrimination can be found at http://www.udel.edu/aboutus/legalnotices.html
Job No: 493949
Work Type: Staff
Categories: Full Time, Information Technology
PAY GRADE: Various Levels 28S-30S
CONTEXT OF JOB:
The IT Client Support & Services (IT-CS&S) department seeks applicants for the position of IT Systems Support Consultant. IT-CS&S is often the first point of contact for students, faculty members, and staff members seeking help with technology. IT-CS&S focuses on helping the UD community use technology effectively and efficiently. IT-CS&S staff members also take the lead supporting productivity, computing applications and tools, student computing, and assist with hardware and software issues. The unit is comprised of the following groups: Client Support, Client Services, Web Presence, and Research Computing.
The IT Systems Support Consultant in the Client Services Team within IT-CS&S provides general technical support and support in specific areas of technical expertise to campus clients either directly or from an IT Support Center referral. IT support encompasses consulting, analyzing, training, writing documentation, resolving problems with software and hardware and installing/configuring new systems and devices.
The IT Systems Support Consultant reports to the Associate Director, Client Services in IT-CS&S.
The IT Systems Support Consultant position is a part of a career ladder. Candidates will be hired into levels that are commensurate with their experience and educational background.
• Consults with and provides second tier ongoing support to faculty and staff using central IT services such as Office 365, Exchange Online, SharePoint, Active Directory, file storage, and virtualization.
• Supports Windows clients using KACE management appliances. Configures, maintains, troubleshoots, tests, provides training, investigates and evaluates new applications.
• Install, maintain, and manage the software imaging process using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit for Windows.
• Performs system maintenance, configures equipment, installs software, upgrades, and patches. Supports virtual servers and cloud services with support work including: troubleshooting, evaluating, testing, and writing documentation.
• Provide support of desktop, laptop, and mobile device security best practices including encryption, backup procedures, and virus protection.
• Actively work to identify, promote, and facilitate innovative technologies that address UD’s strategic needs.
• Consults with faculty, staff, and/or students in specific area(s) of technical expertise.
• Develops and delivers client education and training in area(s) of technical expertise. Creates and reviews documentation in area(s) of technical expertise. Collaborates with IT colleagues regarding technical issues revolving around area(s) of technical expertise. Leads projects or acts as key team member involving area of technical expertise. Serves as technical liaison between client and IT staff when needed.
• Resolves more complex problems by investigating multiple resources (e.g. vendor technical support, listservs, Web) and collaborating with colleagues.
• Mentors IT Support Center staff and more junior IT Systems Support Consultants.
• Tests software applications, computer hardware and other related peripherals as needed. Participates actively on special technology related projects or initiatives.
• Maintains technical knowledge and keeps abreast of technical developments in area of expertise. Maintains broad knowledge of state-of-the-art technology, equipment, systems, and applicable laws and standards. Makes recommendations for use of specific applications on campus when appropriate.
• Establishes and maintains appropriate working relationships with colleagues and clients and follows University and department policies and procedures governing IT efforts. Acts as a technical resource for departmental IT professionals in UD units across campus. Works within the department’s overall strategic plan following project priorities and scope. Meets deadlines and achieves goals.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree with two years related experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience. Experience in a University computing service environment is highly desirable.
• Knowledge and experience with standard word processing, presentation, database, electronic mail, web authoring and spreadsheet software packages, networking, server hardware and software, and knowledge of current technological developments.
• An in-depth knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems, GPO scripting, core applications such as Office 365, Microsoft Exchange Online, Active Directory, SharePoint, OneDrive, calendaring.
• Knowledge and experience with virtual servers, VPN, cloud services.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to accommodate various needs and work effectively with a diverse user base.
• Effective communication skills (oral, written, listening, presentation), organization, interpersonal, and customer-service skills.
• Ability to work successfully in a team-oriented environment.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and be detail oriented.
• Aptitude for learning quickly and functioning in a dynamic technological environment.
• Ability to lift and move, with or without assistance, computer equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds, dexterity to set up, operate and troubleshoot computers and associated peripherals.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9mxr3ss9tz4w8j8c