Civil Engineering Designer DO419
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Dover, DE 19901
- 24-Apr-2019 to 23-Jul-2019 (EST)
- Dover, DE, USA
- Full Time
Century Engineering – Dover, DE Office
Century Engineering, Inc. is a dynamic full-service consulting design firm offering professional services in Civil, Survey, Geotechnical, Landscape Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Structural, Environmental and Transportation engineering throughout the Mid-Atlantic region. With a dedicated staff of close to 550 technical and administrative personnel, we provide our clients with quality, innovative and value-added professional services in many specialized areas. Century is orientated around its employees first and provides competitive salaries and benefits. In addition to offering a challenging and diverse work environment, our culture encourages continued learning, motivation, personal growth and fun!
Century is seeking motivated candidates for civil design projects performed for a variety of public agencies and private clients. Work will be performed under the guidance of an experienced project engineer or project manager and will include collaboration with other designers and engineers. Candidates will assist in maintaining existing and building new client relationships. Successful candidates are expected to perform engineering tasks in the civil engineering field through application of relevant design criteria and standards, code requirements, and approval processes.
- Perform design/computations for grading, earthwork, stormwater management, drainage, sanitary sewer, water distribution, and ADA compliance for site development projects
- Perform quantity take-offs and cost estimates
- Interpret and apply local, state, and federal code requirements to designs
- Collaborate with team members to develop and adhere to submission schedules
- Conduct site walk-throughs to determine construction compliance with approved designs
- Attend office and field meetings and perform field inspections and investigations
- Minimum 2 years of civil design experience on projects in Delaware or Maryland
- 2-year degree from ABET accredited higher education institution in an engineering related field
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD, and Civil 3D
- Ability to plan and organize work, analyze and solve problems, and prepare and support comprehensive designs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task efficiently
- Attention to detail, responsiveness, and the ability to maintain focused concentration
- Additional Considerations (Not required but will be considered in determining compensation): EIT or PE certification
Century offers an excellent benefits program, 401k, paid holidays/PTO and an outstanding work environment.