Case Manager - (RN)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wilmington, DE 19808
Christiana Care Health System Center for Virtual Health is currently seeking a Carelink CareNow Case Manager RN. Join an innovative nationally recognized health system and make an extraordinary impact on our community. Care Link’s Case Management RN is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced professional Registered Nurse Case Manager to work in our Wilmington Center for Virtual Health, in the area of Maternal and Child Health.
, we have earned the nation’s preeminent recognition for quality and safety in healthcare: the John M. Eisenberg Patient Safety and Quality Award.
- Work as a telephonic case manager with exposure to complex and challenging cases in fast-paced work environment.
- Contribute as part of a multi-disciplinary care team including physicians, care coordinators, social workers, pharmacy, respiratory staff, and others.
- Serve our health plan members and Medicare beneficiaries throughout Delaware and surrounding region.
- Utilize cutting edge technology and analytics in care coordination.
- Generous Paid Time Off, Competitive Pay & Robust Benefits Package.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Complete a comprehensive case management assessment utilizing analytics and information gathered from interviews with the patient, family, and providers.
Develop and coordinate an individualized care plan to ensure safe and effective transfers in the movement of patients across the care continuum.
Serve as a patient advocate and as a bridge between the professional staff in a care setting and the patient and/or family.
Oversee the effective utilization of healthcare resources, including discharge planning to facilitate the achievement of clinical, quality, financial and patient satisfaction goals.
- BSN required.
- At least three years of experience in acute care setting as a Registered Nurse.
- Case Management or disease/population management preferred.
- Related work experience in Managed Care, Utilization Management, and/or Patient Advocacy (ADD), will also be considered.
- Experience with maternal/child population.
- CCM certification must be attained within 18 months or be eligible to sit for exam.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Strong computer and software skills including electronic charting and MS Office (Outlook, Word, & Excel)
This is a day shift position with occasional weekend and evening requirements. Typically, Case Managers are required to work one weekend every 6-10 weeks and 1 evening 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. in a pay period.
Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community, and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.